It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2005, 01:11 PM   #1

brownjt1 HB User
Does anyone have an uneasy, uncomfortable feeling in the chest?

It's hard to describe, but it is not pain, rapid heartbeat, irregular heartbeat or pressure. It is just a persistent, uneasy, uncomfortable feeling centered right around my heart which tends to increase in stressful situations (and can stick around for days on end, even when I don't seem to be worrying about anything.)

Old 01-12-2005, 01:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Does anyone have an uneasy, uncomfortable feeling in the chest?

beta blocker tablets, inderal, etc may help, ask doc for a diagnosis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2005, 01:45 PM   #3
(male)

electriman HB User

Hi Brown
I get this alot also. Adds to my fear of having a heart attack. I have been checked by my doc and really don't have any answers. He thinks it is gerd but meds for that don't change a thing. Getting myself to chill and relax seem to help some. I have alprozolam that I take as needed and most of the time that does help. It's just a drag being up tight and having that chest sensation.Total relaxtion is what we need but getting to that point is so ellusive. Take care JC

Old 01-12-2005, 10:04 PM   #4
(female)

islandkate HB User

Yes, I have weird palpitations.....or mabee just skipping a beat.........don't know.......have my heart checked and nothing wrong. Just very uncomfortable feeling. I sometimes feel like there is someone putting pressure on my heart with a thumb , or hand......weird again........go figure!! I actually feel like a messed up fool most of the time!
This has all happened in the past 5 yrs. of my life.....after 4 kids......before that I was the STRONG ONE OF MY ENTIRE FAMILY !! LOL
I really need to get back to that....I also have a couple other health probs right now that I need to get in check.....so mabee that is making me more vulnerable than usual!!
Take care

Old 01-17-2005, 07:33 PM   #5

MKLowTone HB User

I have an odd sensation a little further to the left than my heart and it's there all the time and yes, when I'm stressed it's worse

I can also feel my heartbeat there and I swear I can actually hear it there at night when I lay on my back

I have been told by my doc that it sounds muscular because I also get a pain there but my hypochondriac logic tells me there's GOT to be SOMETHING wrong in there (at the moment I'm doing the "it's cancer" thing, I've pretty much beaten off the "it's my heart or lungs" thing though)

It's hard when docs don't believe there's something wrong when you do believe it

Old 01-18-2005, 03:20 PM   #6
(female)

vuitton HB User

Yes, I have had this in the past when I am not on a SSRI. I have anxiety disorder, and my chest used to have pressure and burn for days on end.My heart beating wildly.
I can't take it, so I have to be on an SSRI. Currantly Lexapro...

Old 01-20-2005, 12:41 PM   #7
(female)

j28 HB User

i have that feeling too, sort of this pressure/strain that just settles right in the center of my chest- i can only describe it like i'm about to have a panic attack but it lasts all the time! i have strange pressure headaches behind my eyes too, along with a lot of other shape shifting symptoms, the doc tried a couple of different anti-depressants but they had the opposite effect and made my chest even tighter (along with other nasty side effects). as much as i don't wish this on anyone, it is reasurring to see that other people do have the same feelings-- i hate explaining it to people who don't understand b/c they just look at me like i'm nuts...

Closed Thread