It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2005, 07:11 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jbsim HB Userjbsim HB User
Unhappy Wheezing caused by anxiety?

have been very stressed my grandma just pasted away and I am a bundle of nerves. Well for the past week or so I have been having the need all day to take deep breaths and yawn I have been known to have this for the past few years but its gotten worse now. I felt like I just could not get a good enough breath. Now for the past few days I cant stop wheezing but its only when I take a deep breath inhaling not exhaling. Then I keep trying to cough what ever it is up and my chest is starting to hurt. My throat and lungs feel very irratated could this be because of all the breathing I have been doing or am I sick? I had asthma as a child so I fear that. Dont want to have that again. please help I might go to the er to get checked but I really dont have the money to do that and I dont have a doctor. I am living in a new state and having trouble finding a job so I dont have health insuranse. Please help!!!! Do you think its anxiety and can that cause wheezing?

Old 01-21-2005, 12:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Wheezing caused by anxiety?

you should go to a doctor and tell his receptionist that you have little or no money, dont be too proud to do this, doc will see you or tell you where to go

try the local hospital, as they will often see you for free

docs often save med sample packs or starter packs and give them to their poor patients

try to relax your muscles and dont tense up or force things when breathing, a long soak in a hot bath should help a lot

you may well have asthma, this should be checked for, anxiety and grief make it worse

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread