It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2005, 01:37 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User
Please share your stories...what do you have anxiety over?

I just wanted to see what you all have anxiety over most of the time. Mine is my health. I constantly worry about my health! I'm so tired of all the worry!!!

Old 01-30-2005, 01:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User
Re: Please share your stories...what do you have anxiety over?

Health too - every time there's an ongoing symptom I obsess until it goes away (I won't go to a doctor) - then after it goes away I laugh at myself and the next one hits and I think, "Now THIS time it's real!" I feel like I can't "dodge the bullet" forever, that one of these days it IS going to be something! When one overlaps the other I get depressed and all - it's horrible.

When I was younger I could console myself with, "I'm too young for that!", but now I don't even have THAT consolation!

Last edited by Sunlover; 01-30-2005 at 01:59 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2005, 02:10 PM   #3
(female)

EvonneMCFC HB User

Health for me to. Constantly worrying about the slightest twinge, pain etc etc....... Got to the point at the moment that I am scared of being left on my own because I think something bad is going to happen to me (health wise) . Also I am becoming agraphobic, due to panic attacks and that dizzy collapsing feeling, where I think I am going to make a complete fool of myself.

Evonne

Old 01-30-2005, 04:31 PM   #4

amy12345 HB User

I worry about a lot of things, but mostly money and keeping my weight low. Those things tend to consume my thoughts!

Old 01-30-2005, 05:04 PM   #5
Inactive

laurabell HB User

my health definitely. i have headaches daily from stres and worry. i wish i could have a normal day. my health consumes my entire thought process and it sucks bad. i obsess about every physical sensation my body has. i think that tends to make it worse. i started lexapro about 2 weeks ago, i really want to be normal again. i am only 21 and i want my life back!!!

Old 01-30-2005, 05:44 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

I constantly worry about my health. Like some of you, every ache and pain can send me into anxiety. I especially worry about having a heart attack. I tighten all my muscles when I get anxious and that make the pains ever worse. It is a never ending circus with me.

The following user gives a hug of support to twanger:
betterdays2come (02-01-2011)
Old 01-30-2005, 05:46 PM   #7

MKLowTone HB User

I worry about my health as well - but my main line of thinking is along the lines of "you overeat, you're clogging your arteries and damaging your liver, you're going to kill yourself"

I don't think I'd worry nearly as much if I wasn't overweight and if I was active/healthy but every time I try to do something about it all I can concentrate on is my current situation or the fast heartbeat that doing ANYTHING seems to cause

Old 01-30-2005, 06:20 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

hillaryb HB User

I worry about my weight, almost obsessively (im very thin but had 2 kids and 28 now-metabolism has to go sometime) I worry about being a bad mom--that one keeps me up at night. I worry about my marriage, i worry about money at times, i really worry about my car, it isnt new and when it acts up I get really freaked out. i guess Im afraid of getting stuck with the kids.

I worry about aging alot lately as I realized that I will be 29 soon. I guess I feel like life over the past couple of years hasnt been very fun so is it just passing me by??? time goes by really fast and that scares me. I worry about my daughters and having to lose one of them. I know it happens, but I can imagine going through it.

I have been a worrier since I was a toddler. I pulled out all my eyelashes in the 2nd grade due to anxiety over a mean teacher. I would have to say that my coping skills are alot better now, but only becuase Ive been through some horrible experiences,a nd Im still here, so I figure, why worry about it when practically everything that could happen has?? Ironically, I do NOT worry much about health. I had cancer as a teen and Im still here, 12 years and 2 kids later, and though Im not the healthiest person on earth, I know I can get through whatever comes my way. I DO worry that I will get stuck too sick to care for the kids. It has happened with infections, high fevers, and my husband works alot and my mom came and took the kids for me. That is scary.

I am just a naturally stressed-out person. Most of it affects me at bedtime. Hubby works at 3 am so I have lots of time to do the last thing I should be doing before bed: THINKING way too much!

Old 01-30-2005, 06:57 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

Right now, I am worrying over this metallic taste that comes and goes (mostly comes). I think that it's something REALLY serious because I find some answers but don't really know. I just wish someone would tell me it's not a life threatening thing. It is really freaking me out! I have TMJ, don't floss everyday, have acid reflux iI think, don't drink enough water etc... (in case anyone was going to ask)

Old 01-30-2005, 11:06 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

tkgoodspirit HB Usertkgoodspirit HB User

I worry about money, bills, creditors that keep hounding us. I worry about my husband losing yet ANOTHER job by failing his drug screen. I worry that I will not get to see my grandson grow up cuz he lives so far away. I worry about my aunt dying from cancer like her sister, brother and mother ( who were MY mother, uncle and grandmother) before her. No one in my family on my mother's side has lived passed the age of 65. I worry that we may be able to pay off our credit cards, but I'll charge them all back up again, because I like the idea of getting stuff mailed to me all the time. (think I have a shopping problem? LOL) I worry that I will become useless by being housebound and never getting out. I worry that my friends will forget about me. I worry that my quality of life will never improve and I will spend the rest of my life feeling this way. I worry that I will never try to make things better for myself. I worry that I will never be able to quit smoking. I worry that my husband will cheat on me because I have no interest in sex any longer. I worry that my 8 year old Golden Retriever won't live much longer.

I worry that my medical bills will never be paid, and that I will once again soon be turned down for SSD.

How's that?

Here's wishing you all a good spirit,
tk

Old 01-30-2005, 11:11 PM   #11
(male)

strungoutagain HB User

my anxiety is primarily social. it never used to be this bad, but these days whenever someone approaches me i freeze up like a deer in headlights, have trouble focusing on what they're saying, and struggle to form a coherent response. it sort of feels like i'm in a play but the night of the performance, everyone is acting out a completely different script. that might be a strange way to put it, but that's how it is, for me, anyway.

Old 01-31-2005, 07:24 AM   #12
(female)

sydneysmommie HB User

I also had EXACT problems! I still do! Are you over the Tricholotilomania? I still have this on occassion. I know exactly how you feel!

When I read your post I felt like I was looking in the mirror!

Last edited by sydneysmommie; 01-31-2005 at 07:32 AM. Reason: I needed to reply to right e-poster!

Old 01-31-2005, 07:33 AM   #13
(female)

liam's mom HB User

oh boy. terrorism. i lived in jersey city during 9/11 so it hit home for me. i've since gotten married, had a son, and moved to massachusetts. but i'm still bothered by it. started zoloft 6 weeks ago but now feeling many symptoms. going to taper myself off. they're that bad. feeling loopy, always tired, nausea, headaches. despite anxiety, not even worth it.

Old 01-31-2005, 08:46 AM   #14
(female)

troubleinmyhead HB User

I have anxiety over everything. If my bf doesnt call, I get anxious. If I have to sit at home alone, I get anxious. I feel like anxiety rules my life right now. I hate it. I panic a lot when I think too much. The only way to deal with it, is to not deal with it. It sucks a lot.

TIMH

Old 01-31-2005, 09:06 AM   #15
(male)

Tyoka HB User

I use to be scared to go to school. I would think up any excuse I could to avoid being around all those people. And when I had to go my hands would get sweaty and I would be shaking when I got there. My heart would start racing and I would pretty much force myself to hide in the bathrooms until the bell rang for class. The same thing would happen at lunch for a long time, until I met some friends and decided to stay in their protection. But even with them I never talked and generally hid in the corners.

However after 2 years worth of medication and a few days in a hospital, it's almost gone. It feels like it's been numbed out by some kind of tranquilizer made specifically for anxiety. It's not completely gone though, when I'm in stores and such I still get sweaty palms and my eyes dart around looking for something to focus my attention on so I don't trip over my own thoughts. But atleast I can go to stores now right? =]

Closed Thread