It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2005, 06:43 AM   #1
Veteran

howard678 HB User
burning skin sensations

I experience this, mostly in the legs but these burning sensations can often move about my body, head, ears, you name it. Has anyone else experienced this? And do you feel it is an anxiety symptom? Thanks.

Old 02-17-2005, 07:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User
Re: burning skin sensations

I just was at the doctor for my blood pressure check and mentioned that for months I've been getting burning in the sides of my face and ears (sometimes they'll even get red) and she said that is a manifistation of anxiety. I guess it could be other things, but that it was she told me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2005, 12:16 AM   #3
(female)

worriedfemale29 HB User

I just took a trip by ambulance last Wednesday thinking I was having an allergic reaction to some medicine I was taking. I was burning sporadically all over my body. The ER doctor told me I was having severe anxiety and the burning was caused from my nerves sending electrical shocks. He prescribed me Neurontin for the burning. Hope this helps you.

Old 02-18-2005, 06:10 AM   #4
Veteran

howard678 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by worriedfemale29
I just took a trip by ambulance last Wednesday thinking I was having an allergic reaction to some medicine I was taking. I was burning sporadically all over my body. The ER doctor told me I was having severe anxiety and the burning was caused from my nerves sending electrical shocks. He prescribed me Neurontin for the burning. Hope this helps you.
Thanks and it helps me a lot. Ever since my withdrawal from Valium I have been walking, talking anxiety, Hey might as well have a sense of humor about it. I have tried everything else... Hope you ger relief soon.

Last edited by howard678; 02-18-2005 at 06:10 AM.

Old 02-18-2005, 09:04 PM   #5
(female)

worriedfemale29 HB User

Hi Howard, I'm glad my post helped you. I know where your coming from with the walking and talking anxiety. I think I have drove my whole family nuts with it. LOL!!! My husband runs when I start in. It's kinda funny to watch him. He's thinking O great here it comes again. I think it helps me to talk about even if they don't want to listen.

Old 02-19-2005, 08:04 AM   #6
(female)

browneyedsusie HB User

HI Howard~
I have had anxiety and PD for years with long breaks of no symptoms. But when it does arise it always manifests its way with a new set of symptoms. My most recent ones being after my husband of 34 had what they were sure was 2 MI's but now they are wondering if it might have been a viral infection. Anyway.....this time it is the burning skin and sometimes *****ling, in my arms, legs and sides of neck, sometimes face. I also have muscle pain or some sort of pain in my arms. I feel for you as I know it is very bothersome. I also know that if you can side track your mind (easier said than done I know) not to dwell on it the symptoms are not so prominent. I sometimes get a cold feeling on the top layer of my skin and yet feel sunburned. Oh the wonderful mind can do such strange strange things. Take Care..
L

Old 03-12-2005, 08:01 AM   #7
(female)

Goody2005 HB User

Hi,
I,m new to this web site. I also get the burning feeling on skin especially on my legs. I also get a cold sensation running through me. Doc has told me i have to see a neurologist. Really scared as to what it can be. Have anybody advice please?
thanks
Goody undefined

Old 03-12-2005, 10:54 AM   #8
(female)

Mushroomie HB User

I too also have the burning sensation when my anxiety is really up there I have it on my arms and my shoulders. Its kind of like getting a indian burn when we were kids. or maybe getting rug burn, LOL I really hate it but at least it is a sign that I might be going to have a anxiety attack so I guess its a good thing for a warning. But I sure hate that feeling! Your not alone at least you know that you are not the only one going threw something like that. When it first happened I freaked the heck out but my Pdoc explained that anxiety can do that to you.

Hope this helps
Mushroomie

Old 03-21-2005, 11:25 AM   #9
(female)

sahaira HB User

I get a burning sensation mostly in my stomach, legs and ears! I always think I am running a fever. Its kind of like taking a shot of tequila or something - it just heats you up. Good to hear I am not alone!

Old 03-21-2005, 12:03 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

TheManTheOne HB User

I was wondering what the hell that burning feeling thing was. It seems
though some of you get it worse than others but for me its like my legs
feel like they are getting restless or something but there is some type of
burning sensation and it is kind of uncomfortable for me and my arms also
can get this way plus my stomach. I am not sure if it is my skin or muscles
but is it just mostly skin to you guys?

Last edited by TheManTheOne; 03-21-2005 at 01:15 PM.

Old 03-21-2005, 12:12 PM   #11
(female)

sahaira HB User

It feels like skin and inner tissue for me. On my hands it feels like skin but in my stomach it feels like its an internal burn. Its hard to tell but it is a weird feeling.

Old 03-21-2005, 02:54 PM   #12
(female)

browneyedsusie HB User

For myself it feels like it is just below the skin and on skin . Sort of like I have a bad sun burn and then put a sweater or jeans on over it and it is that sensation. Also get it behind my knees sometimes. So wierd.

Old 03-21-2005, 05:14 PM   #13
(female)

Lil'Pea HB User

Hi everyone....I also get this feeling mostly in my legs...feels JUST like I've been burned and it hurts to have anything touch it. Not unbearably, but painful still. I asked my doctor about this and he sent me to get a Nerve Conduction Test and they found that I have early signs of 'Neuropathy'...wish I could explain this condition a little better, but I am just learning about it myself as I was only diagnosed about a week ago or so. I do know, however that it can become quite serious if not detected and treated early! So if this is something that has happened more than a couple times, ask your doc for one of these tests! Hope this helps! Lil'Pea

P.S. Also, there is a HUGE difference between getting "flushed(hot flashes)" and a burning of the skin. Make sure you are very clear with your doc's about this. Sometimes doc's are quick to attribute everything to anxiety if they know you are the anxious type....I am lucky that my doc took my complaint seriously and tested me. My past doc's weren't so good about it and maybe i could have been treated much sooner if they had been! Anxiety can cause ALOT of terrible symptoms, but it should not be the explanation for everything!

Last edited by Lil'Pea; 03-21-2005 at 05:22 PM.

Old 03-22-2005, 03:01 AM   #14
(female)

Goody2005 HB User

Hi all,
I had the burning sensation just on my lower legs for about 6 months, but it has started to go everywhere. It is a very disturbing feeling. All i can describe it like is a very bad sun burn. My gp told me he would refer me to a neurologist but i am still waiting. I also get a sort of chill running through me from time to time. I first got the feeling when i went to the gym 6 months ago. It only lasted a couple of weeks but now i have had the feeling constant for a few months. Have anybody got any ideas as to what it can be??

Worried mum x

Old 03-22-2005, 12:09 PM   #15
(female)

Fibrotears HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard678
I experience this, mostly in the legs but these burning sensations can often move about my body, head, ears, you name it. Has anyone else experienced this? And do you feel it is an anxiety symptom? Thanks.
Hi!
I,m new to this site and I cab relate to the burning sensation.

It feels like your burning up with fever but the thermometer reads normal. It feels like my soft tissue/muscle are burning. After all, FM is an illness of the muscles.

Arnica oil is very helpfull but it is a little bit difficult to apply it on your entire body.

My GP, stunned by this burning sensations, then prescribed 10 injections of Engystol N 3 times a week. This REALLY worked!!! It is immunogluboline that builds up your immune system. So maybe the sensation and the low immune system is connected somehow?

A cold shower and maybe Voltaren(Diclophenac) can help.

Good luck to all the other fire-flies out there! (huh-huh)

Fibrotears

Closed Thread