It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2005, 11:22 PM   #1
(female)

jnellywest HB User
Zoloft and Wellbutrin??

I have been taking Zoloft for anxiety for a little over a year now. I started at 50mg and it was the worst 2 weeks of my life. I almost had to check into a hospital. Eventually, my body adjusted. After some time, my doc upped me to 100mg, but there was really no difference, so i just went back to the 50mg. The less meds the better, right?

Anywho, my libido has been becoming a factor recently so my doc put me on 150mg Wellbutrin SR. This combined with the 50mg Zoloft was great! I had never felt better, but still no libido.

So, my doc decided to take me off the zolft and up my wellbutrin to 300mg a day. I've been doing that for about 4 days now and weaning off the zoloft at the same time. (25mg the first 3 days) Last night was supposed to be my first night not taking zoloft. (To take it every other day for 3 days) But, while trying to fall asleep, had a severe anxiety attack. I thought maybe the withdrawal of Zoloft, so i took 50 mg. I feel better today, but things just haven't been the same since i started taking the 300mg Wellbutrin and weaning off the Zoloft. I've become alot more paranoid about stuff. Dwelling on everything, and just working myself up. Alot of nausea.

With the Wellbutrin/Zoloft combo, i had never felt better and no anxiety! I was on that for a month. Didn't have to take a kolonopin once. But it still did nothing for my libido. I wonder if maybe it would take more time.

Has anybody had experiences with zoloft and wellbutrin?

What i'd like to do is go back down to 150mg wellbutrin and 50 zoloft and in a few weeks, maybe, try to wean myself off the zoloft again, but just still take only 150mg wellbutrin.

I really don't want to be on 2 meds at the same time, and i haven't had an anxiety attack like last night in a while. It's kinda threw my outta wack. (Look how much i'm writing!)

Anyhow, you're experiences and help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jenelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2005, 09:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Zoloft and Wellbutrin??

I suggest you follow docs idea for a few more weeks as it can take a while to get used to the new meds

Old 03-05-2005, 07:57 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnellywest
I have been taking Zoloft for anxiety for a little over a year now. I started at 50mg and it was the worst 2 weeks of my life. I almost had to check into a hospital. Eventually, my body adjusted. After some time, my doc upped me to 100mg, but there was really no difference, so i just went back to the 50mg. The less meds the better, right?

Anywho, my libido has been becoming a factor recently so my doc put me on 150mg Wellbutrin SR. This combined with the 50mg Zoloft was great! I had never felt better, but still no libido.

So, my doc decided to take me off the zolft and up my wellbutrin to 300mg a day. I've been doing that for about 4 days now and weaning off the zoloft at the same time. (25mg the first 3 days) Last night was supposed to be my first night not taking zoloft. (To take it every other day for 3 days) But, while trying to fall asleep, had a severe anxiety attack. I thought maybe the withdrawal of Zoloft, so i took 50 mg. I feel better today, but things just haven't been the same since i started taking the 300mg Wellbutrin and weaning off the Zoloft. I've become alot more paranoid about stuff. Dwelling on everything, and just working myself up. Alot of nausea.

With the Wellbutrin/Zoloft combo, i had never felt better and no anxiety! I was on that for a month. Didn't have to take a kolonopin once. But it still did nothing for my libido. I wonder if maybe it would take more time.

Has anybody had experiences with zoloft and wellbutrin?

What i'd like to do is go back down to 150mg wellbutrin and 50 zoloft and in a few weeks, maybe, try to wean myself off the zoloft again, but just still take only 150mg wellbutrin.

I really don't want to be on 2 meds at the same time, and i haven't had an anxiety attack like last night in a while. It's kinda threw my outta wack. (Look how much i'm writing!)

Anyhow, you're experiences and help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jenelle

Any SSRI, such as Zoloft and Wellbutrin can kill your libido.

Old 03-09-2005, 07:19 PM   #4
(male)

andy101 HB User

Jnellywest,
I Have been on the exact same combo that you were on for anxiety attacks. I also had the same problems, no sex drive. I'm taking .5mg of klonopin before bedtime now, and I'm weening off the Zoloft, the doc perscribed liquid zoloft. You can adjust your dosage more accuratly that way. I went from 50mg of zoloft to now taking 18mg. My sex drive is finally coming back, I forgot what it was like, two or three years on zoloft. Good luck ............andy

Old 03-10-2005, 09:04 AM   #5

Glenda57 HB User

I was on Zoloft for 6 months and the darn stuff caused me to gain between 50 and 60 pounds. I have tried to lose the weight and cannot get it to go away.

It didn't help my anxiety attacks at all.

2 to 4 mg's of Lorsapam is the only thing that helps my anxiety / panic attacks.

Closed Thread