It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2005, 04:18 PM   #1
(female)

kittyOT HB User
Head Burning and Tight

I am 25 and had my 1st Anxiety Attack this Sunday. My BP was 160/97 and my pulse was 120. My Blood Pressure is usually around 105/75..etc. and has went down since Sunday, but I have this burning, tingling and tight feeling over my forehead, top of my head and sides. It feels really hot underneath...not hot on my actual skull. Is this normal? Does anxiety cause a symptom like this? I have had a slight headache as well.

I started Lexapro on Monday after my incident, but the head feeling is still there. I guess I'm asking if this is a physical symtpom of anxiety and if so, how long do the physical symptoms last after an attack? I've tried to calm down....but the feeling is still there.

My chest also burns a little and I feel worn down. If anyone knows about these symptoms..please help me. I feel like I"m losing it. I had never had an attack before and just need to know if this is normal or not. Thanks!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2005, 05:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User
Re: Head Burning and Tight

Hi,
I experienced the EXACT same thing last year. Everyone thought I was crazy!lol I went to the ER with symptoms of a panic attack...rapid heart rate, chest pain, shortness of breath, etc. But, I also had this tingling sensation on my scalp and over my face along with a dull headache. I thought there was something seriously wrong with me. It felt exactly like you described it. My other symptoms went away, but this pins and needles feeling went on for a couple days. It went away for awhile and then it would come back off and on. It was the weirdest feeling! My Dr. had no idea what was causing it. I went to a chiropractor thinking something was wrong with my neck, but after several visits I realized that wasn't helping. I even went to a Neurologist and had some nerve conduction tests done and they turned out fine. Now, this sensation still comes back from time to time, but I really think it has something to do with anxiety. I talked to another Dr. about it recently and he thought it might be due to muscle tension causing some problems with blood circulation in my face and scalp.

I don't know if this helped much, but atleast you know you're not the only one with this strange symptom. I really think this burning/tingling your feeling is due to anxiety, too.

Take care, Hilery

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2005, 05:35 PM   #3
(female)

danilee HB User

I experience this burning tingling feeling. Mine is almost like creepy crawly sometimes, or just tense and irritable. i hate it, and it has been the result of stress and anxiety. Good luck to you, and all of us for that matter!!

Old 03-10-2005, 05:40 PM   #4
(female)

kittyOT HB User

Thanks for your replies! It makes me feel a lot better to know others are there with these problems (although they stink!!)haha.
This burning and headache..etc. has been going on 24/7 for 3 days now. Will it ever end? ahahh! I feel better now Thanks again!

Old 03-11-2005, 09:49 AM   #5
(female)

JustGinger HB User

I have had the exact same thing for almost 4 years now. It comes and goes sporadically. Originally my doctors said it was just the anxiety, but recently my neurologist suggested that it was a migraine variant. They put me on Neurontin 2 months ago and it now the only time I experience it is right before my period. Good luck and hang in there. I know it can be scary, but try to stay positive.

Ginger

Closed Thread