It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2005, 01:36 PM   #1
(female)

magnoliagirl HB User
FUNNY FEELING IN SCALP & LEGS

Hello,
I'm not sure if I am in the right area, so if I make a mistake please excuse me.
Here goes...
In February 2005 I started having funny sensations in my head/scalp. At first I thought they were headaches. Then it became more like tingling and pressure. Anyway, it went on for two months, then stopped. I went to several Doctors--had blood workup, MRI of the head, allergy tests--all fine. My Internist said it was anxiety and gave me some lorazepram??? Anyway, without taking the lorazepram??? it went away. NOW, I have the same feeling in both legs from under my knees to my ankles. There is no pain, just mild tingling (not pins & needles) and a flush feeling. I also get goosebumps on my arms and legs a lot. (It may have been goosebumps on my scalp??) Maybe this IS anxiety??? Or what???
These sensations do not keep me from exercising and my legs do not hurt when I exercise.
Does anyone else have these symptoms?????

Old 04-30-2005, 03:55 PM   #2
(male)

allen_dave HB User
Re: FUNNY FEELING IN SCALP & LEGS

I've been dealing with chronic anxiety for 35 years, and done a lot of reading over those years. I don't recall your symptoms, especially your legs and scalp, being related to anxiety.

Doctors often blame depression and anxiety on things they don't understand. If it were me, I would see another doctor before shrugging it off to anxiety. Any time you have tingling, numbness, etc., it "could" be a sign of a heart or circulation problem.

As for funny sensations on your scalp, I get those sensations when I'm ill from a virus or the flu, especially if I have a fever. However, I've never experienced those sensations anywhere else on my body.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2005, 03:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Graciecat HB UserGraciecat HB User

I don't know how much help I'll be or if what I felt was even the same thing, but I'll give it a shot.
I don't have panic/anxiety problems any more, but when I did I'd sometimes get this strange feeling on my scalp.
The best way I can describe it is that it almost felt like something was crawling on my scalp, I knew there wasn't anything crawling on me but that's what it felt like.
I talked to my Doctor about it and he assured me that it's common for people with anxiety/panic problems to feel as if their skin is crawling.
I did take medication at the time...not exactly what you were given, but the same class of drug and when I'd take it the crawling feeling would go away.
Once my panic/anxiety problems left so do the crawling feeling.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help but I just wanted to let you know that you're not the only one who's had the weird scalp feeling.

Last edited by Graciecat; 04-30-2005 at 04:02 PM.

Old 05-01-2005, 01:16 PM   #4
(female)

LostMind HB User

Hi ,
I dont get those symptoms from my anxiety but I do get a crawling feeling on my scalp because I chronically bite my cheeks and after a while the nerves freak out and I get the scalp sensation,thats how I know I know I need to stop it. I also got them from a pinced nerve in my neck. I get the ones in my legs from 2 bulging discs.

Old 05-17-2005, 10:09 PM   #5
(male)

photo2001 HB User

Hi,

I have been having a feeling of hypersensitivity in my scalp and a pressure sensation also. I am being treated for anxiety and depression. The anxiety is over the top lately. I am also going for a battery of medical tests, and will be seeing a neurologist soon. I do have a physical ailment that causes tingling and numbness in my feet, but my doctor thinks the head thing is from stress/anxiety. However I am going to get fully checked out. Really looking forward to all the tests (not

Old 05-18-2005, 11:28 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

to magnoliagirl
look up fight or flight response on the net, it can cause all your problems, the answer is to learn how to relax and calm yourself

Closed Thread