It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2005, 12:54 PM   #1
(female)

kaykay5 HB User
anyone like Zoloft?

Is Zoloft ever the first drug of choice anymore? Just curious.

Old 05-09-2005, 01:22 PM   #2
(male)

teek30 HB User
Re: anyone like Zoloft?

Prozac is too stimulating for me, Paxil is too sedating. Lexapro just didnt do anything for me. So for me, yes, Zoloft seems to be a happy medium. Anyone else feel the same/different?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2005, 02:22 PM   #3
(female)

Lily2005 HB User

I was on Zoloft for five or six years. But it's stopped working now. I thought it worked well when I was taking it. I had pretty bad agoraphobia and anxiety and I was finally able to go to work and drive alone! Big steps for me!

Old 05-09-2005, 02:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bell99 HB User

I think we all react differently to these meds. It's funny I found Zoloft too stimulating LOL Love Lexapro but have never tried Prozac.
I too have panic/agoraphobia. Sounds like you made some great strides

Old 05-09-2005, 03:12 PM   #5
(female)

daftthing HB User

I started Zoloft just over two weeks ago ..... started on 50mg, now taking 100mg. If I had the choice right now, I would go back to prozac ..... but I know I have to give this more time.

Old 05-09-2005, 03:58 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

adam2000 HB User

How are the zoloft side effects?
Im only on 12.5mg right now, until i get an ENG, then im sure my dosage will go up, is it bad?

adam

Old 05-09-2005, 04:05 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bell99 HB User

There you are Adam, how are you doing?

Old 05-09-2005, 07:56 PM   #8
(female)

michelle2858 HB User

Im in the same situation, I was on Paxil CR for over a year and they took it off the market and switched me to regular Paxil. I ended up getting worse anxiety attacks, irritability, rage and sever depression, I ended up in the hospital and they gave me zoloft 50 mg. I have been on it and have gotton alot worse from it. I sterted to lash out and get frusturated with everybody and got suicidal, that is not like me at all. I went off zoloft about 2 days ago and am having horrible withdrawls. I am shaking, sweating, nausus, dizzy, depressed and this is horrible. Talk to your doctor before you just completly stop, I wouldn't want anybody to have to go through this.

Old 05-24-2005, 09:00 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

t_411 HB Usert_411 HB Usert_411 HB User

I've had anxiety for 2 years but never did anything about it until 5 months ago I had my first panic attack while driving! yikes! Anyway, got checked out and all was fine except I have panic anxiety disorder. So, I started on 25MG zoloft for 3 days then went to 50MG. I stayed on it a whole month & had no side effects that I remember except for heart burn. Around the 4th week I started feeling giddy... Kind of excited & talking too fast.. So, I freaked out and went off it cold turkey. I don't remember having any withdrawl except for a few minor shocks. BUT ALL of my anxiety & panic was gone that whole month & about a whole month after I stopped too so, I didn't tell my doctor. Then out of no where a panic attack came on while driving again.. (i think some how in my mind i've related my car or driving to panic because it's where the first one happened). So, I went running back to the doc for help. This was just after they took paxil CR off the market & that's what I had my mind set on trying since I have a friend who does GREAT on it. They ended up giving me Paroxetine (paxil) 20MG once daily for a week then up to 40MG. I took my first one and within 25 minutes felt like death.. yuck! I'd never had side effects like this to anything before. Terrible muscle cramps, completely WORN out muscles all over my body, shakey, tense.. No up or down mood change though. By the time came round for my 2nd day of paxil the side effects had lightened up. So, I took my 2nd one and there came those aweful side effects again. I decided this was not the medicine for me & stopped. within a day I had yet another panic attack so, went to a different doctor. He looked me over, talked with me, etc. & said that because of my body size (i'm very petite - 107pounds) that I had been given too high of a dose of the other meds and since I did well on zoloft I should give it a full try this time but a lot less MG's. So, as of 5/20/05 I'm on 12.5mg. My first day, didn't feel it much. 2nd day felt a little woozy in my gut, 3rd day had diahrea (just for one day so far though), 4th day felt a little pukey but didn't puke, I've been eating well to assist my body in getting my mind better though the last 2 days my tummy's been a little sickish. I tried to drive on the 4th day just 2 miles up the road with my mom and felt a panic attack coming on so, I turned around and was jetting home but I STOPPED 1/2 way home and said to myself, "this is stupid of me.. running from it.. I can do this!!!!" So, I did the slow deep breathing & told it to COME ON!!! I know what you are and you can't kill me & you can't stop me from living my life!!! I turned around and went BACK to the store, went in and shopped. Came home fine.. It's weird.. Though I was a little sad panic almost came on.. I stopped it from being a full blown panic attack. I'd never done that before but reading everyones posts about what they have done when it comes is also along with the meds helping me litle by little... ok, day 5, today... Last night I had a VERY bad dream & woke up this morning feeling angry.. Before I went to bed lastnight I noticed a little tremmors "inside" of me which was uncomfortable. I went back to sleep because I didn't wanna be in that mood all day. Woke again later and was fine except for that weird shakey/tremmor feeling inside. The day went on and my jittery insides turned into energy. No more jitters. But I felt excited a little (maybe due to connecting with an old friend of mine who's words left me with the best feeling).. Not sure.. anyway, I decided to drive again! just to try it. not alone yet though. Mom went with me. I didn't have one ounce of anxiety or panic this time! NONE! (which is amazing for me while driving). Came back & went for a long walk with my dog... I feel pretty good today. It's weird but good. So, I'm going to stick it out and deal with any side effects that come on. Sorry for writing so much but this site has been a good place for me to kind of vent so to speak. Thank you all for your stories and keep us posted on how your doing on Zoloft as time goes on.
Take care,
T.

Old 05-24-2005, 10:30 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

zoloft has worked well for me

Old 05-25-2005, 11:24 AM   #11
(male)

mrblow HB User

I have been on Zoloft for about almost 4 years now. This is the first time I have found a group online that I can relate to so well. It has helped me at least control my panic attacks and be able to drive again by myself. It took me about a year or 2 to get there but finally I had to force myself to drive myself to work and it opened up the door to continue pushing my boundaries. I think Zoloft really helped when I needed it. I like what you wrote t_panic about turning around and going back to the store. You have to make those kinds of choices and the will eventually become easier and second nature once again. Good luck.

Eric

Old 05-25-2005, 03:47 PM   #12
Veteran
(male)

adam2000 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell99
There you are Adam, how are you doing?
Hi Bell,

Well im doing ok. Slowly making my way up to 50mg of zoloft. Im taking about 18mg 2x a day, and my xanax. Returned to work this week only to get hard time about my job. Basically i was given a suggestion to take another position if i wanted that might be "more flexible for me", and if that didnt work out "maybe this isnt the place for you". So in a nutshell, because i took 2 1/2 weeks of doctor documented medical leave, im now worried about my job.
And i am an A+ employee. all my clients love me and i do a great job. I even worked while i was home so as to keep the work away from my peers.

I start vestibular therapy on my ears tuesday, so hopefully ill get the dizziness away. No more bad anxiety attacks now, just get tired in the afternoon, sometimes it feels like im gonna get anxious and it passes...maybe the zoloft is starting to kick in...

Thats it for me hoping i keep my job, and insurance, for without it, id be dead...

"An obstacle is just a stepping stone"

Old 05-25-2005, 04:34 PM   #13
(female)

star9763 HB User

Iliked Zoloft but I had no sex drive at all on it so I had to try something else. I switched to Lexapro and am doing just fine on it. I am able to to have sex on lex .

Old 05-25-2005, 05:49 PM   #14
(female)

luvscats HB User

I liked Zoloft and I'm hoping to switch back to it from Effexor, because the Effexor is taking a toll on my sex life. Isn't it strange how medications effect people differently?!

Last edited by luvscats; 05-25-2005 at 06:01 PM.

Old 05-26-2005, 08:04 AM   #15
(male)

mrblow HB User

Does anyone here get rashes in the sun? Since I started taking Zoloft when I go to the beach and am not very carefull I get a serious sun burn / rash. It sucks because I really like to be at the beach and in the sun.

Eric

Closed Thread