It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2005, 01:53 PM   #1
(female)

sheltrpn HB User
Why do I have anxiety upon waking every morning

I never had anxiety attacks before in my life. I have been sick most of the winter have been on numerous medications and now I am having anxiety attacks in the mornings as soon as I wake up. I think it maybe be medicine related, but how do you get through these. The doctor has given me xanax, but I don't want to start using them as a crutch.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2005, 02:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Why do I have anxiety upon waking every morning

dont be too proud to take the xanax
anxiety or panic on waking is fairly common, having to face a new day can be stressful
its best to get up, rather than lie in bed and brood

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2005, 08:26 AM   #3
(female)

mritta HB User

i too have anxiety in the morning. My doctor also prescribed Xan.. for me, but I am VERY reluctant to take it. I am the stubborn type who tries to force myself to calm down, rather than take the meds.

My anxiety is very bad in the morning. I used to be able to sleep comfortably in the mornings, even after my fiance gets out of bed, until 9 or so (on a weekend). But lately, I am up at 7:30, and cannot go back to sleep, or lay there comfortably. I think part of my problem is that as soon as I wake up, my first thought is "will I have anxiety today". And of course that starts the anxiety....it's a horrible cycle that I am despirately trying to break. By the afternoon/evening tho, on a good day that I have been able to calm myself down, I seem to be fine....

Old 05-15-2005, 01:52 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

SadFreek HB User

could also be thyroid because thyroid levels peak in the morning and fall througout the day..

Get your thyroid checked is my suggestion too.

Old 05-15-2005, 09:10 PM   #5
(female)

1blueangelz HB User

I swear anxiety runs in cycles...When I first started it was mid afternoons that were the worse time, then it was late at night, then came the morning anxiety...before I even sat up in the bed it would kick up....now Its whenever it feels like hitting...good grief...lol.

Old 05-15-2005, 11:03 PM   #6
(female)

getbetter HB User

I usuall wake up anxious before I have even had time to think about it. The best thing you can do is just lie there and tell yourself that it's no big deal, it's just a physical symptom and it will go away, and be assured it will pass very soon!

If you go with the sensations, and get scared or upset, they will only magnify! I have found this to be very helpful... if you get to scared of it, it can stop you from getting up and facing the day!

Closed Thread