It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2005, 07:45 PM   #1
(male)

kertson HB User
I take Ativan only in morning, am I experiencing withdrawal at night?

Let me just start by saying this drug is sent straight from the devil. First off, its not even very effective, you have to take like 4 of the .5 mgs to do anything. Try not taking it the next day, and you'll feel like you want to die. DONT TAKE THIS DRUG. Anyways, I just started experiencing anxiety badly about a month ago. It was so bad one day I went to urgent care, I told him what I was feeling and that I had an appt. with a psych in 3 weeks. He put me on ativan until then. I needed to take 3 .5 mgs for this med to work. I thought I could just take it when I needed, then on my days off from work when I was not anxious, not take it, I was very wrong. I would get extremely dizzy and feel depressed. Somedays I would take 4, somedays one, but now I am consistently taking 2 .5 mgs a day and am still anxious. I went to the psych, he said all my anxiety is from ADD, that I guess I've had my whole life. So he put me on Concerta, and said to get off the ativan by taking 1 .5 mg a day for 4 days, and then .25 for 4 days, this is way too quick. So I am still taking 2 .5s a days. I take them in the morning and feel ok, but come night time I feel anxious as all hell. Before concerta I didn't really feel this, but still am curious how quick withdrawal sets in? Also, I've been taking ativan for a month, how quick should I taper off? I'm going to the doc on Thursday, hopefully things will be better then. Sorry for the long post, any ativan withdrawal tips or stories would be vastly appreciated, thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2005, 02:11 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dragonballwizard HB User
Re: I take Ativan only in morning, am I experiencing withdrawal at night?

Topballer,
I am sorry to hear that your going through these things right now. I do have to say though. I take ativan (genaric form) on an as needed. it works well for me.
It does not work for everyone that is for sure. Hang in there!

Old 06-15-2005, 06:07 PM   #3
(female)

pynkett HB User

I have been taking Ativan now for about a month for generalized anxiety. It has really worked great for me. I take .25mg three times a day. When I first started taking it I was taking .5mg twice a day but figured out I didn't need that much but that I need .25 during bed time. If I didn't take .25mg at bedtime then I would not be able to sleep well and would wake up feeling anxious.
I recently took a road trip which would of had me sick since I have high anxiety about long road trips...especially in rain. The Ativan made me totally calm throughout the whole trip and even through two major rain storms.

Old 06-16-2005, 07:42 PM   #4
(female)

pleasantville HB User

been taking ativan for 6 years and am in the depths of hell. take 3-4 mgs a day with breakthrough withdrawal. the dr.s haven't a clue to what this addiction can so to someone and think tapering is a breeze. i've tried it and thought i was going to die!!! my advice is to never take a benzo in the first place. there has to be a better way to relieve panic and anxiety. the drug companies are quite happy with our addictions, though cause no research is being done on anything else

Old 07-12-2005, 12:57 PM   #5
(female)

adp831 HB User

topballer24,

Have you started to taper from the ativan yet? I'm interested to know how it's going. I was on 2 (.5) per day for 8 days and started to taper on day 9 with .25 per day. Apparently way to fast because I have been miserable ever since. My first day at .25mg I had an anxiety attack and had to up my dose by another half pill. My anxiety was triggered by suddenly stopping ambien, and my dr. had this bright idea to give me ativan. I absolutely hate ativan. I am constantly going through withdrawals. I have missed so much work.
My head is always tingling, my nose burns when I inhale, and my skin itches/burns, and just recently my ears started hurting.
I am basically miserable. How's your taper going?

Closed Thread