It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2005, 12:15 PM   #1
(female)

NicoleMM HB User
Lexapro and Sleep Patterns

I have been on Lexapro for 5 weeks now, and overall I like it. I have been an anxious person my whole life -- I just chalked it up to being a type A personality. Since taking Lexapro, things have definitely slowed down for me...I don't have racing thoughts (day and night), I am not always in over-drive, etc.

One interesting thing happened to me during week 3...I slept like a log (first time I can remember sleeping through the night!) I had a hard time getting out of bed in the morning...I was just so tired. I felt like I had finally gotten sleep for the first time in my life. This sleep pattern lasted about a week, and started to go away last week. I am now back to my broken sleep patterns. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this?

Old 06-20-2005, 03:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bell99 HB User
Re: Lexapro and Sleep Patterns

Yes me too! As a matter of fact I had to resort to a sleep aid some nights. At first it kept me up at night then I was sleeping like a rock then back to broken. It comes and goes. I imagine it's not all the Lexapro though just Life and our minds being too busy perhaps?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2005, 04:28 PM   #3
(female)

NicoleMM HB User

I am glad that I am not alone here! In all honesty, I never realized how my mind raced around until I started to take the Lexapro.

Old 06-20-2005, 05:10 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bell99 HB User

My Mind has slowed down, is that what you mean? I notice my obssesive thought process has stopped Thank God!

Old 06-20-2005, 07:00 PM   #5
(female)

eillek HB User

i take a different drug called cipramil and i sleep terribly. I wake up atleast seven times during the night sweating profusely and having extremely vivid nightmares. THe thing is though- i think the drug is great for controlling my anxiety during the day- but i cant sleep properly at night. So i continue to take this medication hopinmg that one day i will just start to sleep normally.

Old 06-20-2005, 07:32 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

littlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB User

Nicole, my mind didn't race until I started on the Lexapro. It was hard to concentrate at first because it seemed like my mind was going 100 miles an hour. I couldn't sleep well at first either, because I was taking it at night and it made me nauseated. Both symptoms went away and now I sleep well most nights. I do have very vivid dreams every night tho. I think that is a side affect of the Lexapro. All in all - it is working great for me too.

Old 06-20-2005, 08:23 PM   #7
(male)

TanItalian HB User

when i took lexapro, i slept good but had a hard time waking up. It took me like an hour to get up and get going or i'd feel dizzy, overall this drug worked good

Old 06-21-2005, 01:10 PM   #8
(female)

NicoleMM HB User

Thanks for your replies!

My dreams are very vivid too -- I like that!

Bell99 -- I guess that my obsessive thoughts have slowed down since on the Lexapro -- although I never considered them obsessive. I always figured that I was just a little more high strung than other people. I thought everyone had all of these thoughts racing through their minds. I can honestly say that I like being on the Lexapro -- I can concentrate SO MUCH better now. I wonder if I had been on something like this in under grad, if I would have gotten a higher GPA and in turn gotten into a better businiess school???

One other question...I am a total control freak...is that typical with anxious people?

Old 06-21-2005, 02:25 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bell99 HB User

For sure Me too!!!! Lots of my anxiety comes from NOT being in control.

Old 06-21-2005, 05:59 PM   #10
(female)

tigger326 HB User

I have the most vivid dreams on the Lexapro too! I love it! They are so interesting...LOL!

Overall, I love the Lexapro. There haven't been significant side effects except a calmness and less panic attacks...which, of course, is a good thing!

Old 06-22-2005, 04:43 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bell99 HB User

What dose are you guys on?
My Dr. said less is best and won't up mine I am on 10.
Some day's I feel fantastic and others just tired and unmotivated.
The day's I feel fantastic are more which is a good thing.
I was prescribed it for panic disorder and agoraphobia. It has helped a lot with panic yet I still don't want to leave town?

Old 06-22-2005, 09:31 AM   #12
(female)

NicoleMM HB User

I am on a 5mg dose. It seems to be working well, so no need to bump it up to 10mg. I was prescribed it for panic disorder -- I feel like I have a mild case of social anxiety and agoraphobia -- but the Lexapro is helping with it all. This anxiety stuff is all new to me -- I can definitely pin point when it all began which was in Feb '04. Life's stresses finally got to me -- and in Nov '04 I had my first panic attack at an industry conference -- it was a lovely experience

Closed Thread