It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2005, 07:41 PM   #1
(female)

katie865 HB User
Question Fish Oil Capsules and V-B12 Questions...

Hello!!! I was wondering if anyone here has ever tried Fish Oil to relieve some of their stress/panic/anxiety issues...I just purchased a bottle of 1000 mg fish oil capsules and before beginning taking them I wanted to check with the rest of you and see if any of you have had any experience taking this supplement....and if so, what mg, how many times a day, etc. did you take the capsules....

I am new to this supplement, so any stories with experience would be greatly appreciated.

I also purchased vitamin B12 in 500 micrograms....I havent began taking it but tommorow I will, it is to be taken once daily it says....but I wonder if there is a level of toxicity on this vitamin??? Or when to stop taking it????

Any replies would be GREAT!!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to read this

KATIE

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2005, 12:23 PM   #2
(female)

katie865 HB User
Re: Fish Oil Capsules and V-B12 Questions...

Anybody...18 views, no replies....obviously, I have anxiety...hence, why I check this board every hour or two to see if there is any response..LOL

Katie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2005, 01:38 PM   #3
(female)

bocana HB User

Hi Katie
I take a fish oil supplement high in EPA rather than the DHA, after doing alot of research on it. Found an interesting book, The Omega-3 Connection, by Andrew Stoll M.D.

I definately feel lighter in mood and think better when I regularly take it. Another book, The Mood Cure, by J Ross, also expains how this supplement works. And how NOT to determine the dose by what it says in the front of the bottle; but look at what dose is in each "serving". The mood enhancing stuff is in the amount of EPA to DHA.

Hope this helps.

Old 06-28-2005, 02:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

fish oil and B12 cant do any harm and may help, some anxiety sufferers get a strong placebo effect from this type of med for a while
beware of expensive alternative type meds for this reason

Old 06-28-2005, 03:16 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bell99 HB User

I have taken it ( a higher dose) for years. I haven't noticed it helping me but it is supposed to? I take it because it's good for your Cardiovascular Health.

Old 06-28-2005, 04:21 PM   #6
(female)

katie865 HB User

can i ask though, what mg do you take of these??? and how many times a day??? I havent began taking them yet, should i just go by what the bottle says?

Katie

Old 06-28-2005, 08:41 PM   #7
(female)

christ4320 HB User

Well, I can definitely vouch for grilled salmon -- it must be the omega-3, but fish definitely fills some deficit in the brain. I'm not sure about supplements, but I know for a fact -- at least for me -- that my mind is less agitated and I'm much calmer the week I eat salmon

Closed Thread