It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2005, 04:57 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User
Has Anyone Experienced Chest Pain While On Zoloft??

I was just wondering if there is anyone that has experienced chest pains while taking Zoloft?? I had experienced a problem the other night or atleast about a week ago....that sent me to the ER , confusion, severe sedation, clumsyness, slurred speech, and also experienced chest pains for about 4 days... They did a CAT SCAN (of my Head) Did blood work, took chest XRays, and did a EKG... ALL NORMAL... but told me to stop the Zoloft.. So I did....and they thought it was also due to a build up of the meds I have been taking... Methadone, Adderall, Zoloft, Zanaflex...So I am being weaned off all these meds, went to my Pain Management doc the next day, and she told me to go ahead and continue the Zoloft, I had started taking it again, have taken it for a week, and noticed yesterday that the chest pain have started again..

Has anyone else been on Zoloft and experienced Chest Pains??

Think I will call my Pain Management doc Monday and tell her I am stopping it again due to the chest pains, and that I want to try something new for the anxiety/panic attacks...

Any info or input would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks.....TRose

The Following User Says Thank You to TexasWildRose04 For This Useful Post:
STAV32 (11-27-2012)
Old 07-17-2005, 02:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Has Anyone Experienced Chest Pain While On Zoloft??

it seems zoloft isnt for you but maybe you need a complete review of all your meds and perhaps a new doctor
zoloft is one of many prozac type meds so I wouldnt take any more of these

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2005, 03:10 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hry33
it seems zoloft isnt for you but maybe you need a complete review of all your meds and perhaps a new doctor
zoloft is one of many prozac type meds so I wouldnt take any more of these

Ive had a complete review of my meds....thats why they are weaning me off of them......Im perfectly content with my Pain Managemet Doc... I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced chest pains while taking Zoloft....because I hadnt taken it for a few days and the chest pains stopped, but when I started taking it again, after about a week they started up again....I had read that one side effect can be Chest pains.... im just curious how long it stays in your system... I didnt take it today, I did yesterday... still having some pains in the chest off and on....

Anyway if anyone else has experienced this... please let me know... Thanks

TRose

Old 07-17-2005, 03:54 PM   #4
(male)

2 Worried HB User

I was thinking of zoloft to help my anxiety for chest pains go away and now I see this

Old 07-17-2005, 05:08 PM   #5
(female)

Jitterygal HB User

What may cause side effects in one person may not cause them in another--so it's worth trying out to see if it will help!!! Don't just assume that because one person had trouble with it that everyone does...Give Zoloft a try if you want!!! It really helped me when I had panic disorder. Best wishes, Jittergal

Last edited by Jitterygal; 07-17-2005 at 05:08 PM.

Closed Thread