It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2005, 04:34 PM   #1

LonelyTraveler HB User
What "disease" do YOU have?

I go from rabies to HIV to cancer and around the block again. It's a never-ending cycle. For the last 4 months it's been rabies and guess what?...after reading about it...I have ALL the symptoms!!. Oh joy...I'd better make funeral arrangments and get my will ready because the pearly gates are just waiting for me!!!.

Yeah, it's THAT bad with me. Sorry, I'm not trying to make light of this...only trying to shed some light on how REAL and SCARY this whole thing can be wether you have anxiety, panic attacks or full-blown hypochondria. It sucks. Plain and simple

Old 07-24-2005, 04:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: What "disease" do YOU have?

HI
as you would probably know its hypochondria
a good psych or therapist should be able to help

relaxing and calming yourself thru exercise and long walks should help a lot
also read a self help book on how to stop worrying, there are several, maybe borrow one from library

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2005, 04:41 PM   #3
(female)

MrsPM HB User

Oh, yes I can relate
I had brain tumors, stomach cancer, lukemia.... Should I go on?
Fortunately, I've gotten better over the years, but I'm still a hypochondriac.
Hey, I have a good book called "The Hypochondriac's Guide to Life & Death." It's very funny. It made me realize how ridiculous I can be at times.

Old 07-24-2005, 04:58 PM   #4
(female)

lalalalovely41 HB User

brain tumor.
stomach cancer.
and my new kick is leukemia.

i still think i have it. although my blood tests have come back normal.

haha

Old 07-24-2005, 05:01 PM   #5
(female)

bocana HB User

For the last week I've been suffering from;
1.heart disease (unexplained pains by my sternum)
2.emphysema ( shortness of breath when thinking of #1)
3.circulatory disease ( limbs getting numb when #1 and 2 overwhelm me!!!)

Want to get that book MrsPm. I need to be able to laugh at myself!!!

Old 07-24-2005, 06:37 PM   #6
(female)

1blueangelz HB User

hmmm so far I have had lung cancer, brain tumor and my most recent is heart attacks...even though ALL my heart tests came back fine...jeez....still stuck on the heart thing though. But I do think I am moving on to some sort of stomach thing now...

Old 07-24-2005, 06:51 PM   #7
(female)

ronmac HB User

I currently have a brain tumor - that seems pretty common or ovarian cancer. I have also thought MS. Not fun!!! I guess I need a laugh too!!

Old 07-25-2005, 02:27 AM   #8
(male)

uk_worried_guy HB User

1. brain tumor (ongoing)
2. HIV
3. Sjorgens Syndrome (odd one eh?)

Old 07-25-2005, 04:27 AM   #9

bladebeam HB User

1.) brain tumour
2) Asthma or some other breathing problem.This is the longest going one.
3) throat cancer because of the tight throat feeling.
4) Insane fear of passing out !

Old 07-25-2005, 04:49 AM   #10
(male)

uk_worried_guy HB User

you know, even though its not actually *funny* - its quite re-assuring to see the meddley of conditions we're all worried about!!!!! i think someone should put a pie chart together of conditions that people are most worried about!! i bet brain tumor's would be the biggest slice, followed by cancers, and then hiv.

Old 07-25-2005, 05:50 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

dinney HB User

It's Monday a.m. and at work..reading all the posts and having to chuckle a little..BUT, woke up this morning, chest hurting, vision goofy, knowing it's my heart, circulation..thinking of tests I need to see if my Dr. will order on me..God, this sucks..I used to enjoy life..Do any of you have problems just doing menial tasks ? worried that you'll pass out or have a heart attack ? Hypocondriac !!!! That's probably me..UGH..

Old 07-25-2005, 06:19 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

malibu82 HB User

Totally agree with you flashvik, brain tumours seem to be number 1 on the worrying stakes. I have worried insanely about having a brain tumour, and HIV, along with other cancers.

Old 07-25-2005, 06:51 AM   #13
(female)

serafina HB User

This is just the kind of post I need to read today and make me smile after a horrible weekend of feeling certain that there is something really wrong with me. I too go back and forth and when I feel good, I can see how silly I am being. But then the symptoms creep back up and I panic and get depressed and think of new tests I should have (or repeated because they were wrong). I'm still not totally convinced that every physical thing I feel is anxiety, but I have been convinced I've had:
MS, HIV, pituitary or adrenal tumor, gallbladder disease, some neurological disorder, and right now I am terrified I have an autoimmune disease such as lupus. I can only imagine what my doctors say behind my back because I am always calling asking for another test. I'm realizing hypochondria is a disabling disease in itself!

Old 07-25-2005, 07:13 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

dinney HB User

I know EXACTLY what you are saying..I love my Dr. but KNOW what she and her staff have to be thinking about me and that keeps me from not calling or going in more often then I do..then I get to thinking..I FEEL BAD, what if I really need to see what's going on... I am on zanex but have been on it for alot of years..only take 1/2 of the .5 mg at a time..2-3 times a day..was on proxac, quit taking it about a year ago..Thanks so much for responding to my post..I just need someone that truly understands what this HELL is like..my husband is a wonderful guy but just can't talk to him about it..

Old 07-25-2005, 07:46 AM   #15
Veteran

Comptons HB User

I've had thyroid disease, heart disease, throat cancer, lupus, ms, (many autoimmue disorders), you name it - I've probably considered it at some point. Been better lately, hopefully it will continue.

Closed Thread