It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2005, 09:35 AM   #1
(female)

pitta28 HB User
cant orgasm on lexapro

Cnat orgasm on lexapro please help!!!1

The following user gives a hug of support to pitta28:
1mozart (07-01-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2005, 10:32 AM   #2
(male)

MMS1 HB UserMMS1 HB User
Re: cant orgasm on lexapro

If that's a big concern to you then,,,,,,, stop taking Lexapro and your orgasm problem will be solved! {REMOVED} If it's creating another problem for you,, you'll have to decide on either giving up orgasms and letting the pill do it's thing to you, or dealing with the issues by other means (natural remedies, exercise programs, breathing techniques, etc.)!

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-03-2005 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Edited to delete parts of the post that were off topic. As per the "sticky" above, don't take every chance to tell someone how bad a medication may be for them. No two people are alike.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2005, 10:53 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User

pitta, I have heard ginko biloba helps counteract the sexual side effects of ADs. Or you might just want ot talk to your doctor, they prescribe testosterone creams to some people and that seems to help also.

Old 08-03-2005, 11:06 AM   #4
(male)

NiceguyEddie HB User

{REMOVED} I've heard that if you stop taking the medication for a couple of days, your ability to orgasm will return. I think it's called a drug "holiday."

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-03-2005 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Off topic

Old 08-03-2005, 11:19 AM   #5

ms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB User

Just a reminder folks.
As stated in the sticky post at the top of this board.
If you've had a problem with a medication it's fine to state that, but everytime someone mentions that drug please don't hi jack their thread to tell them how bad it is to use medication for anxiety and panic problems.

Nobody here is an expert, if it didn't work for you that does not mean it won't work for someone else.
How someone chooses to battle this problem is their choice, nobody here should tell them what they should or shouldn't do.

Ms_Mod

Old 08-03-2005, 12:14 PM   #6
(female)

Effexor XR HB User

Pitta, I have the same "problem" on Effexor. The only good thing for me is, I don't even think about it now. I wouldn't mind being able to but I guess that's the price some of us have to pay for some sanity i guess . Good luck! I'm going to try the ginko biloba and the taking a couple days off. Can't hurt!

Old 08-03-2005, 01:20 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

americandancer HB User

I've heard of some people adding wellbutrin to the lexapro to counteract that problem.

Old 08-04-2005, 04:42 AM   #8
(male)

Photog88 HB User

I had the same problem on Paxil. I started taking Paxil when I was 23 and after only a few weeks on the Med, I had problems reaching orgasm. Recently I tapered off the Paxil (horrible experience) and my sex drive came back in such force and it was so easy to "finish".

Anyway, I recall my dr. telling me something about the balance between seroton and some other chemical in your brain that allows you to reach orgasm. He said I had one of two options to help me orgasm. The first was obviously to stop paxil and the other was another med that would "balance" the serotonin and the other chemical in your brain.

I wish i could be more helpful, but I cant remember what the other chemical was called. It was so long ago when I asked him. If you plan on staying on the meds, ask your dr. about what you can do to alleaviate the problem.

Bill

Old 08-04-2005, 09:17 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

My BF is also on lexapro and could not finish for the life of him. I would just keep going even if I was done just to help him along and it just wasn't working. He considered taking something else to counteract the side effects of lexapro but then was able to orgasm on his own. At this point, sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't but he's able to more often than not.

Old 08-04-2005, 10:40 AM   #10

airnupw HB User

photog88... anyway u can get the name of the other med... i wana try it ... thanks

Old 11-28-2005, 06:42 PM   #11
(male)

tomicavols HB User

I'd like to know what the drug is, too.

Closed Thread