It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2005, 05:08 PM   #1
(female)

CraZeeOne HB User
My nerves are shot and I am tired.

My twenty something son has not grown up and I feel responsible for his paying his own bills. When I try to talk to him or my DH about this burden they tell me "not to worry". Good advice, I guess but if I don't worry no one does. DS's car insurance (he is still on our policy) was due last week and again, he did not have the funds at the ready. He now owes us in excess of $500, again. I am so tired of being the 'bad guy'. I am tired of being the only adult in this household. I am tired of being the 'responsible one'. I am tired of being told not to worry about it and then at the last minute being the one who has to have the money at the ready to pay the bills. I am just so darned tired.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2005, 10:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User
Re: My nerves are shot and I am tired.

Hi CraZeeOne,

Sorry, that your DS and DH are driving you crazy and mad. Sounds like one needs to grow up and become responsible,and the other one, needs to quit enabling his DS! Why cant you just kick DS off the car insurance policy? Just for starters?! If he is not disabled or real sick, he should be off on his own, spending only his own money.

Hope you are able to make some changes in your family, or that you can just keep busy and focus on yourself and your needs.

Take of yourself and do not get too anxious. Do not let others problems, make you sick and miserable! Wannabe

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2005, 10:41 PM   #3
(female)

CraZeeOne HB User
Re: My nerves are shot and I am tired.

Thank you for the kind words. Tough love is tough for everyone involved, I guess. Sometimes I feel like I speak a different language from the 2 of them. It could be as simple as a male/female thing but I don't really think that is it. Also don't think we hear the same things while participating in the same conversation.

I think I need to concentrate on my own health and happiness. Just do what I need to do to remain calm.

As to the car insurance....He is driving one of our vehicles. I don't mind helping him but you are right, he needs to be helping himself also. He is a student but is going very sporatically.

I think I will start doing yoga again. I found it very calming. Thanks again for the kind words.

Closed Thread