It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2005, 02:11 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
nothing helps

The ativan my doctor prescribed doesnt help much it relaxes my muscles and stops me from worrying to much.but the thoughts are still there and I still have irregular heart beats and hot flashy amoung other things I kind of think it may be making it worse.I can feel really relaxed and this stuff still carries on.I have been trying walking (3 to 6 miles a day) which has helped with breathing and my heart feels relaxed and peaceful afterwards and drinking alot of water I can be happy and feel fine......but still the irregular beats ,hot flushy and anxiousness persists.My doctor doesnt think I need anymore testing of my heart.This is driving me nuts and I dont know what to do.

Old 08-22-2005, 05:07 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

faeriegirl25 HB User
Re: nothing helps

Hi,
I definately have a huge problem with the thoughts, and these make me have major panic attacks. I too have heart palps, but mine are from my thyroid.. makes no difference but I just wanted to tell you that I can relate. Have you tried writing your thoughts down? I have been working on my thoughts over the past month and have found that I have improved. I find that by writing the specific thought down, and the counterstatement(s), I am able to distract myself enough to realize that it is only anxiety and I am able to calm myself down. This has reduced the amount and intensity of attacks that I have had. This may or may not work for you, but I just wanted to let you know what has been working for me and thought you could just give it a shot.
Take Care
Fae

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2005, 06:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: nothing helps

ask doc for a beta blocker med as well, these calm the heart and reduce flushing, etc
do try to ignore your heart, monitoring it always makes things worse

Closed Thread