It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2005, 07:04 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User
Went to hospital

Hello everyone. I haven't posted for a couple of weeks. I have had a really rough go of it lately. My anxiety got so out of control that depression also set in. Severly. I checked myself into the psych ward at a local hosp. It seemed to help a bit. I was there for a week and they changed my meds from Lexapro and Lorazapam to Paxil CR and Klonopin. I feel better now but still not myself. I preferred the lorazapam over the Klonpin but the Psych. doc thought klonopin would be better for me in the long run.

Has anyone had any luck with the paxil cr? Regular Paxil helped me about 9 years ago so I am hopeful it will help this time. I have only been on 12.5 mg for 9 days. I feel a little of myself trying to come to the surface. I suppose it will take awhile.

I am going to see a psychotherapist tommorow who will be teaching be relaxtion techniques to help calm myself over my worries. I am really looking forward to that.

Any comments on the Paxil Cr would be appreciated.

I just needed to talk to other people who have been this low before.

Thanks..debill

Old 08-23-2005, 02:47 PM   #2
Veteran

Comptons HB User
Re: Went to hospital

I don't have in Paxil CR info for you - but I've felt I hit rock bottom before. Things will get better. You've proven that you're in control by knowing and seeking help when you get this way. That's great - many of us are unable to admit this. Please hang in there and things will turn around for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2005, 02:58 PM   #3
(female)

Derangea HB User

I'm so sorry that it got to the point where you had to go inpatient. But I also admire you for checking yourself in and not doing anything rash enough to be forced to go. I never took Paxil CR but I've been on Klonopin for 6 months. I think I've been building up a tolerance because I've been having constant anxiety while even on it. I really hope things get better for you and this med mix works for you.

Best Wishes

Old 08-23-2005, 05:38 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User

Thankyou for the well wishes. It has been a rough road. I am dealing with an undiagnosed illness for alot of years now. At my last neuro appt. they said they couldn't do anymore until more things showed up in my diagnostic studies. I swear I felt something just give up inside of me. I couldn't stop shaking and crying for days. Couldn't sleep, or eat. My husband asked if I felt like I could hurt myself and I said right at that moment I didn't but I felt like I didn't have control over my mind anymore. It was hard to goto inpatient but it was comforting being with people who were having the same feelings.

The klonopin makes me soooooo tired. I take 1 mg before bed and .5 in the morning. When I was on lorazapam it didn't make me this tired. At least I can control my emotions now. I am still not me but I feel a little of me coming back.

It's bed time for me now. Thank you again for your thoughtfullness.

debill

Old 08-24-2005, 06:21 AM   #5
Veteran

Comptons HB User

Debill - just wondering...since you take comfort from talking to others with the same problems perhaps you should get some self-help books. The one I'm reading is The Feeling Good Handbook by Dr. Burns. It addresses panic/anxiety/depression/ocd...etc. It also address anxiety due to illness. It might do you some good to read what others have done. It comforts me to read about how Dr. Burns has helped patients with these disorders. There are other good books out there as well. You are not alone in this.

Old 08-24-2005, 02:32 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User

Thank you for the advice. I currently have 3 books. My first one is Learned Optimsm..How to change your mind and your life by Martin E.P. Siligman Phd.

My biggest anxiety problem is over my health issues so hopefully this book will help to be more optimistic over my illnesses. The others are on anxiety and phobias. I will pick up the one you recommended this weekend at the book store.

I met with my psychtherapist today for the first time. I really like him. Today was just a get to know each other session and he had me take some sort of test. I met him while I was an inpatient. He held group sessions at the hospital. He said he usually does not take on his inpatients on an outpatient basis but he saw how determined I was to make my self better. That made me feel good. I see him again next week to start learning some coping skills.

Thanks again about the book. I let you know how I liked it.

debill

Old 08-25-2005, 02:32 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

if the klonapin is new to you then it or any other benzo can sedate you or make you feel tired until you get used to it which takes about 1 week, if the tiredness is a problem, ask about reducing the dose for a while

Old 08-25-2005, 11:02 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User

Thanks hry33...I asked today about reducing the dose. I think my paxil cr is starting to kick in because I am feeling a bit better. I usually take .5 mg in morning. Today I cut that one in half but I think I will stick to the 1 mg at bed. Makes me sleep so peaceful.

Thanks again..debill

Closed Thread