It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2005, 07:59 AM   #1
(female)

Lore HB User
Has anyone been on Wellbutrin

Hi,

I've been recently having panic/anxiety attacks again, I was on paxil before but only for two months came off of it because my endo doctor said it will make me gain weight since I have a thyroid problem and weight gain is a no no, since I'm over weight. Well my attacks recently came back and now I was put on Wellbutrin has anyone been on it before, what your opinion about it? I found out that Wellbutrin is to treat depression not anxiety, and I know I'm not depressed.

Old 08-23-2005, 08:45 AM   #2

rls HB User
Re: Has anyone been on Wellbutrin

I used Wellbutrin for a while and I didn't have any problems with it. I think that it works fine for both conditions. If you research you will find that anxiety and depression can be treated with the same medications. Hope this helps. If you are having a weight problem I would suggest that you just watch what you eat for awhile then when your system gets use to being on this medicine you shouldn't have any problems with food or weight.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2005, 08:49 AM   #3
(female)

Lore HB User

Thanx for the insight, I just hope I begin feeling better.

Old 08-23-2005, 02:29 PM   #4
Veteran

Comptons HB User

For me the wellbutrin definitely increased my anxiety levels. Doc took me off after less than a month because it made me jittery. Worked great to curve my smoking habit - but did nothing the help ease anxiety. I've since heard from other people that Wellbutrin increases anxiety in some...

Old 08-23-2005, 03:04 PM   #5
(female)

Lore HB User

I don't understand why then doctors prescribe things that may aggravate the situation. I really wont notice until two weeks from now onec the medicine is in my system and see if it helps. Now does anyone know if we have to be weened off slowly in oder to stop taking it.

Closed Thread