It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2005, 03:37 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
update on me

me again last night was not fun at all ......didnt get to sleep until 4 am due to skips.flutters etc and also started having just an overall ill feeling (malese?) hot flushy,nauseated,lightheaded and impending doom feeling.I took half an lorazepam waited a few mins then took the other half which eventualy helped me get to sleep.
I called my doctors today and will see her tomorrow.I guess if I want real answers and peace of mind I will have to keep pushing to be sent to a cardiologist again.Why is it that alot of us anxiety sufferers have to do this ,am I the only one who feels I am never taken serious? and always blown off ? never get any real solid answers to my questions? I have had this problem with most doctors I have ever seen once they find out I do have anxiety disorder everything I feel MUST be the anxiety. sorry I am just frustrated i think I need a good laugh ..............Beth

someone has told me they think this may be artrial flutter/filbulation (sp)
and another ...long QT symdrome........scarey.....so I have to sadly push my doctor .....I cannot change docs and loose my insurance the end of next month

Old 08-23-2005, 05:42 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User
Re: update on me

Hang in there. I am kind of having the same battle with an unknown medical condition. Unfortuantly I hit rock bottom and had to go inpatient to get my rumanating thoughts under control.

One good thing happend though. The psch. doc noted in my chart that my health problems aren't caused from anxiety alone and that further investigation needs to be done.

I hope you feel better soon and are able to get some rest.

Good luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2005, 06:29 AM   #3
Veteran

Comptons HB User

tnmomofive - I don't want to be another discouraging voice in your life, but I've felt this EXACT way before - skipping heart, heart race, nauseau, sweating, impending doom. At the time this was occurring in my life (lasted for months) I was convince I had a real medical emergency. However, doc kept telling me my heart was fine and that skips and flutters are normal and can be caused by anxiety. After this stage passed (which they always do) I've had no more flutters, skipping heart, etc. So I am convinced that it was the stress in my life at the time that caused it. The book I'm reading says most anxiety/panic disorder sufferers become hypochondriacs because we just can't understand how our body can behave so abnormally. There must be a reason for this - we're rational people right? Anyway, most of the time it is anxiety that is causing this through the fight or flight syndrome and nothing more. In debill's case - there may be something else going on as her doctor has eluded to. People that have both diagnosed and undiagnosed medical conditions get health anxiety as well. You certainly have every right to get a full medical checkup to assure yourself that it is not a medical condition - but once you get that - I would encourage you to embrace it. Living with the doubt will only keep the anxiety/panic going. I hope this helps you...I struggle with this every day as well. Debill - what are your undiagnosed symptoms and why can't they figure it out?

Old 08-24-2005, 06:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User

Beth- I didn't go to bed until 5 o'clock last night! I'm leaving for college on Friday, and in addition to my OCD-worries about it, I have sooo much to do/pack. I swear to God that I'm slightly bipolar- I wasn't even tired at 5, but I just forced myself to go to sleep. I've always had strange sleeping habits, be it related to anxiety or not, and I've often wondered if it's because I'm slightly hypomanic...
-GatsbyLuvr1920-

Old 08-24-2005, 09:07 AM   #5
(female)

awm38 HB User

Your story sounds just like mine....skipping beats, panic feeling, it took me a long time to be convinced that i didnt have a heart problem. I now am afraid of every stinking problem that goes on with my body. It can be anything form a minor sore throat and my mind goes into overdrive! I honestly think my Dr. now thinks im a hypochondriac, and it he could be right, but its not easy to overcome this feeling of there always being something physically wrong with you. Not a good way to live your life.

Old 08-24-2005, 12:16 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

Hello again
I am back from my doctors office.I had a different doc today my reg wasnt in so this one said "I can agree to having another holter monitor done to make sure everything is fine." So I go to pick up the monitor on the 31st.She also gave me a script for Lexapro which I started today.I will still take the Ativan when I feel its needed.I took one before bed last night thinking I better or I wont sleep lol.Anyway,knowing I will have this looked into again eases my mind at least a bit.I hope it comes out all ok.If it does I will have to stop this obsessing over a heart issue and hopefully the meds will help me to stop obsessing altogether.If I am fine then I am one anxiety sufferer/stress sufferer who HAS fainted from it and crazy heart disturbances.I do know actual fainting is rare though,so please nobody else worry I worry enough for us all lol

awn you are right it is a lousey way to live for me it isnt really living my life it is waking everyday(if i sleep at all) to just obsess and worry another day and night away.I hope you are getting help too.

thanks everyone...
comptons...thanks for being reassuring

Last edited by tnmomofive; 08-24-2005 at 12:17 PM.

Old 08-24-2005, 12:27 PM   #7
(female)

awm38 HB User

Hey Tn..... I assume youre in Tennesee?...Im in Georgia, and yes i am taking lexapro, along with xanax to help me sleep at night, It does seem to help but im not sure there is anything that can totally take all the worry away(other than a labotomy) good luck with your monitor, im sure you will be fine.

Old 08-24-2005, 01:12 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User

Hi Beth -

Boy I am having a rough go of it lately too. Here I was about a month ago all on my high horse telling everyone EXERCISE! WATER! HEALTHY DIET! B-VITAMINS! it helps so much!! but here I am back in the "pit." This is week 3 of constant anxiety and panic feeling (that is when I am not doped up on Xanax). What is the DEAL??? I THINK it is because I have been very stressed out with work - I work in marketing at a university and all the sudden school has started and everyhting came crashing down on me - plus, it is SO laid back here in the summer, no one is here, campus is empty, then all the sudden the first day of school is here and I can't get away from the crowds. And the worst part of all - my favorite escape route to outside from my office is blocked off for construction...that means I have to wander around this God-forsaken place through millions of people to get outside by myself, and even outside there are 40 million people milling about!!! I am never happy - I am either too bored and thinking too much with causes anxiety, or so busy I get stressed and get anxiety...ARGH!!!

And the worst part...my husband came down with something yesterday, some sort of stomach virus probably, and although he has not thrown up, I am in constant panic that I am going to catch it while I'm sitting here at work without a quick escape route. That's my emetophobia talking. So I have taken TWO Xanax today and I am still very jittery and on edge. I have felt like this every day for 3 weeks now....I hate the down phases, they always last so much longer than the up phases.

I am thinking about trying to find another therpaist. I am going to Cabo in Nov and I do NOT want to be like this while I am there.

Old 08-24-2005, 01:22 PM   #9
Veteran

Comptons HB User

I'm glad you're getting the holter monitor. I never did this, but really wanted to at one point in time. You need the reassurance that everything is fine - which I'm certain it is. Let us know how it goes.

Old 08-24-2005, 01:37 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

awww MJ I am so sorry your having a ruff time.It does suck for it to hit big just as soon as ya think things are going pretty good.I want to say though try not to give up on diet and exersice it is helpful.I have started walking I didnt think I would make it a mile but I have been doing 6 miles a day.I havent done it today though hoping to go after dinner,but this Lexapro I started taking has me a bit hot ,dizzy and headachy so we will see. I agree on therapy if it doesnt do the job maybe you should try another med.I couldnt imagine being stuck around crowds all the time ugh!I hate even being in a mall for very long when it is really busy I panic and WANT OUT! lol I have wanted to push people down to get through lol. I swear im a nice person
I know what ya mean too about worrying of catching others illnesses just today at the doctors this woman had her daughter there because she had been vomitting all night and went to vomit in the bathroom there ugh not something I wanted to hear lol.....then her mom says "yeah well she was playing with her baby neice all night and now her neice is in the hospital with spinal menengitis!!!!!" I thought OMG and here I am sitting in this waiting room near this girl with 2 of my kids! I had to tell myself though that chances were small my kids or me would get it and to chill out .A nurse heard her tell me that and rushed her in the back .I think you are right though you have alot going on right now so it is triggering the anxiety/panic.I hope you can find time to relax maybe breakaway to some unbusy place.

I prob didnt help but I do hope it gets better soon

Old 08-24-2005, 01:48 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User

Thanks, I am starting to calm down a bit now. Anxiety is the absolute craziest thing. That is so awesome that you havce been walking so much, that is absolutely fabulous. Good for you.

I feel the same way in crowds, especially in places like the mall or Wal-mart where people just walk around all slow and in the way like zombies. I am always polite but inside I am screaming "get out of the way you idiots!!" lol. Drs office waiting rooms are the worst, but you know they have to disinfect them regularly - God, at least I hope so!!!

Well anyway, good luck with the holter and the Lex...maybe I will go on something just until my vacation is over. I SO did not want to go that route, but suffering through my dream vacation isn't at all worth it.

Closed Thread