It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2005, 03:47 PM   #1
(female)

bondgrll HB User
Prozac/Xanax/Wellbutrin Combo

Hi All, I started 10mg of Prozac along with 1MG of Xanax XR daily about 8 months ago for panic/anxiety and it helped tremendously. I recently added (upon the advice of my Dr.) 150 MG of Wellbutrin XL and I have to tell you that I have not felt this good since I was a teen-ager. Something in this low dose trio has really made a life-changing alteration for me and I am willing to stick with it as long as I feel great and don't have to increase any dose. If that's the case, what is the problem? I also hate taking medication to feel normal...I despise it actually. But I have three kids, am 34, married and have a long happy life to live. Thank God for good medications....some of us really need it. Anybody out there tried this combo?

Old 08-23-2005, 10:29 PM   #2
(male)

kertson HB User
Re: Prozac/Xanax/Wellbutrin Combo

Been on Prozac 20 mg for about 1 month 1/2 now, noticing a little difference for SAD, but nothing as far as the physical anxiety. I also take 1 mg xanax xr, now I have taken Wellbutrin XL 150 mg in the past, but it wasn't for anxiety. I am thinking about adding it to my Prozac/xanax combo to make me more sociable. I hate always feeling tense around people. Please let me know how this is working for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2005, 06:36 PM   #3
(female)

bondgrll HB User

Well I had always heard that Wellbutrin made people more anxious/panicky but this has NOT been the case for me...and believe me I know what panic feels like. I am so pleased and do feel more confident and outgoing and at ease in social settings. I've really noticed this over the last couple of weeks on the Wellbutrin. I'm just going to go with the flow....I think the low dose of all three make it a winning combination for those who suffer from anxiety...just my experience anyway

Old 08-25-2005, 02:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

prozac and wellbutrin are both antidepressants and its now th e fashion to take 2 or even 3 of these together
wellbutrin is being heavily promoted to docs as an add on with doubtful claims of reducing sexual problems, etc
if they are all working, there isnt a need for that much xanax, IMO

Old 09-21-2005, 07:19 AM   #5
(male)

tomicavols HB User

Do you have any sexual side effects with the SSRI/Wellbutrin combo? I went off Celexa because of the sexual side effects and am up to 450mg of just Wellbutrin and 1 mg Klonopin 2x, but my general state of irritability and anxiety is not good.

Last edited by tomicavols; 09-25-2005 at 04:59 AM. Reason: unclear about my dosage of Klonopin

Old 09-21-2005, 10:44 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User

I was going to ask the same thing, about the sedxual side effects. is that why you were prescribed Welbutrin? I just started lexapro but my sex drive is already shot to hell so I'm afraid it will get worse.

Old 09-22-2005, 10:10 AM   #7
(male)

tomicavols HB User

Yes. The Celexa made the activity difficult and the finale impossible. But I think the Wellbutrin is not as effective, at least right now.

Closed Thread