It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2005, 09:48 AM   #1
(female)

louane HB User
how do you all react?

Hello this seems like a senceless question, but i was wonder if there is anybody out there that cant take anything for there panic attacts, and i guess of you can,, but what do you do in the mist of the panic attack...
Like i have had panic for like two hours this moning...
I paced like crazy,,, i keeped messing with my hair,, and kept looking in the mirror.... I would go out side, then come in,, I would take a drive and come home, just to be home for like fivie miniuts then, go out again,, I am sure my neighbors thinks i am crazy,,,
it took for ever to calm down,, and I still an edgey,,,,,,,cant sit still....
I cant wait unil i can go to sleep , I have been up all night , so that is not helping at all,, ok i have complained enough, I will let you all go,,
thanks

Last edited by louane; 08-24-2005 at 09:51 AM. Reason: misspell word

Old 08-24-2005, 10:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User
Re: how do you all react?

HI louane -

I pretty much freak out like you until the Xanax I take kicks in, which is usually about 20 minutes. Those 20 minutes are heck, but better than several hours.

I'm sure everyone has different coping mechanisms, but what seems to work best for me in the middle of a panic attack is to sit down, put my head down and cover my face with my hands and breathe slow. Sometimes I have to go in the bathroom and lean over the sink and do this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2005, 11:35 AM   #3
(female)

louane HB User

Thanks Mjewell, I will give that a try,,, its hard for me to sit down I stood up all for four hours today,, well walked around..... Ok,,
thanks
louane

Old 08-24-2005, 01:00 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User

I used to be the same way, where I would just pace and pace and pace - but now I pretty much get frozen so i can't move. If you have that much energy during your panic attacks maybe you should try doing something vigorous like running a lap or jumping jacks or jumping rope...that calm-down after exercising to me is kind of what coming down from a panic attack feels like, that ulimate relief when you finally realize its subsiding. It's great when you can get that from exercise too. Oh, you know what another good one might be - if you have a step or something do step ups up and down up and down like in step aerobics

I'm glad you are here - I'm having a rather panicky day myself here....

Old 08-24-2005, 01:26 PM   #5
Veteran

Comptons HB User

Sounds like me...I used to talk to the dog...pace around the house...pick up phone to dial hospital...hang it up...turn to tv on...turn it off...look in mirror...check pulse...dial hospital number...hang up...lay down...get up...check pulse...look in mirrorr....well, ok you get it. Man is that miserable. The only advice I can give is to try as hard as you can to concentrate on something ANYTHING else.....this is the only thing that will work (other than xanax - which works pretty well)....

Old 08-24-2005, 01:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

oh wow lol I know it isnt funny when it is happening to you ,but I swear it sounds just like me too! GET UP SIT DOWN GET UP SIT DOWN CHECK MY PULSE GO TO THE BATHROOM (JUST TO WALK THERE) CHECK MY PULSE SIT DOWN ON AND ON .I dont even realize what im doing sometimes.

Old 08-24-2005, 02:01 PM   #7
Veteran

Comptons HB User

Heehee....heehee...It really IS funny in hindsight.

Old 08-24-2005, 09:39 PM   #8
(female)

louane HB User

Yeah, I always laugh after the fact also,,,, but man, at the time, it scary...
Ok,, thanks to all who has replyed,
Hope tomorrow is going to be a better day for all of us.
louane

Closed Thread