It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2005, 05:13 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

gxpark1234 HB User
dying..feeling sick

hello, im writing in this post because i have this feeling that death is comming soon for me. I mean, i had a lot of tests done like a chest xray, 2 mris, one blood test, but i have this sick feeling in my stomach, almost like i have to vomit. I just have this feeling that i might die soon. I also have this feeling constantly with constant nervousness. Is this anxiety? If it is, some feed back would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2005, 05:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Punkdizzle HB User
Re: dying..feeling sick

a sick feeling in your stomach & nervousness are very very very common with anxiety.. so is a fear that something else is wrong with you and then obsessivly worring about it.. if these were signs of death just about everyone on this board would be dead by now..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2005, 05:43 AM   #3
(female)

awm38 HB User

It is a very very common feeling, i have the same feeling all the time. Maybe you should have your dr. give you something for your nerves to calm u down. I take Lexapro and xanax, and it really helps. Try to stay calm and do something to take your mind off of it.

Old 08-25-2005, 11:59 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User

I get the same feeling. Like today is my last day or I feel impending death coming. Even when I am not particulary anxious. I just think it's our minds playing tricks on us.

I tell myself now...I can't control when I am going to die so don't even go there. Sometimes that works for me sometimes not but I do try to change my thinking.

My new therapist told me yesterday that 90% of what we obsess and worry about will never happen. Hope that eases your mind.

Take care..debill

Old 08-25-2005, 08:18 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

gxpark1234 HB User

yea.. i worry too much , especially about my health, thanks for the replies.. i feel a little better.. i try to change my thinking but i just keep thinking theres something else wrong with me other than anxiety..

Old 08-25-2005, 09:25 PM   #6
(female)

WantToManage HB User

I hope you take comfort from reading the posts of many of us others who feel the same as you do. It can be very scary; it always helps to see that there are others who feel as we do.

There are many effective ways to deal with anxiety -- I'm sure that you'll get many good suggestions on this thread over the next few days!

Best of luck to you!

Old 08-25-2005, 09:37 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

gx anxiety is scarey
Please if you havent gotten help yet go to your doctor.My first bout with anxiety I went it on my own and that was the worst thing I could have done.It only returned with a vengence.There are different ways to manage anxiety meds and therapy or if you dont want meds just therapy then and self help books and just keeping your mind busy
myself I am back on meds again and waiting for them to kick in.

good luck I hope you will feel better soon

Old 08-26-2005, 04:05 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

gxpark1234 HB User

thanks to everyone

Old 08-26-2005, 06:12 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User

Dear gx,

Are you taking any meds or have you spoken to your doctor about the way you are feeling? I do have other health issues that really scare me. Every time my symptoms flare I think I am going to die from them. Then my real health issues get mixed up with my anxiety issues and it just snowballs into a big mess. I don't know if you read some of my other posts from this week but I ended up addmitting myself to inpatient care because my mind just took control over me. My new therapist is great and he assures me that he will help me change my thinking patterns and learn to cope better with my health issues and my anxiety (which is also a serious health issue). Please don't let yourself go to long without seeking some help and support. Just the reassurance from my therapist has made me feel so much better. My family doc is great but sometimes they just don't know what we need for anxiety.

I do hope your feeling better soon and take comfort in knowing that many of us are going through the same thing and it can get better.

Take care...Debill

Old 08-28-2005, 11:08 AM   #10
(female)

arenner HB User

I hear what you are saying. When we strongly believe something with no physical evidence that is a delusion. I have gone through that for many many years but it is not as bad now. I used to be convinced I had AIDS and would die, even before I had my first sexual experience. I have been talking about these feelings with my therapist and he said they are delusions. When I finally had my first AIDS test my fears turned to fears of a brain tumor, cancer ect.... I went through a period where I thought that the world was coming to an end and once I swear I saw the sun falling from the sky!I would get myself into a cold sweat and just be sooo afraid. I never talked to anyone about these fears and so they continued to feed off each other and grow.

Since I started getting help, talking and taking medication these fears do not come as often. I think when you say them out loud to someone it actually lets some of the fear ease and the more you do it the more you realize that the fear is not the reality. Also in my case I think medications helped a lot.

It seems as though these "delusions" happen more often when I am under stress from other events in my life. I wish there was a board like this 10 years ago. I never realized that others felt the same way and felt very alone. Good luck and I hope you feel better talking about it.

Old 08-28-2005, 03:51 PM   #11
(male)

UKMale22 HB User

Ive convinced myself i have got 1 of the follwing
MS,Parkinsons disease,brain tumour,ALS and cancer.

Old 08-28-2005, 04:16 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User

It is pretty common for anxiety sufferers to have thoughts like that. Have you had any testing done by a doc just to rule things out. Sometimes just hearing the words "negative" can make you feel better.

Right now I am dealing with either having lyme disease or MS. They mimic eachother and I do have positive findings. I can assure you though that having one of these diseases is 10 times easier for me to deal with then the anxiety and depression.

You do sound like you have health related anxiety. I would rather have my disease then any of this anxiety or depression.

Take care and try not to worry. I know it's easier said then done (even for me) but we have to turn our brains off and stop hurting ourselves with our emotions. Lately when I start dwelling on it I yell STOP inside my head. I know it says pretty dumb but it makes me realize I am doing it again and only making my problems worse.

Good luck. deb

Old 08-28-2005, 06:10 PM   #13
(male)

UKMale22 HB User

No i havent had any tests done,my doctor said he is in no doubt its anxiety.Ive been getting muscle twitches every few minutes for the last 4 days.If i asked my doctor to arrange a mri would he do it or not.It would put my mind at rest.Cheers.

Old 08-28-2005, 07:40 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User

I have muscle twitches as part of my anxiety. It is very common. Then after the twitches it will sometimes follow with a few days of muscle pain just from being so tense.

I hope tommorow brings a brighter day for you.

Old 08-28-2005, 08:33 PM   #15
(female)

giggled2004 HB User

I really hope you feel better.

Closed Thread