It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2005, 12:41 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Marirose HB User
Really Need a Helping Hand today!

Hi everybody - Boy, I am having a TERRIBLE day with anxiety - nothing seems to help...I feel tense, nervous, a little lightheaded, my legs are weak, YUK! I keep telling myself it is just a bad day, but the more I think about it, the worse I feel, and the more I try NOT to think about it, the more it comes into my mind! I have been feeling so great lately that this set back just seems more awful than the last major bout of anxiety I dealt with!

I am really beating myself up thinking "what did I do to bring this on?" - there have been some minorly upsetting things going on in my life, but nothing that should make me feel like this. I just woke up feeling this way and can't seem to beat it.

I guess I just need to vent, and could use some comfort from fellow sufferers. I am scared of nothing in particular, it just seems like this day is really getting me down.... I am usually not lightheaded from anxiety, and am letting this bring my hypochondria to the forefront...maybe something else is wrong and scaring myself to death!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me get through this day! Marirose

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2005, 01:02 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

zosolizard HB User
Re: Really Need a Helping Hand today!

Hi, I probably can't really help you but I at least wanted you to know that I am here, and read your message.

I can completely relate to what you are saying. I am new to severe anxiety & am trying to learn to cope with the things you mention too.

Sometimes I wonder "what I did" to bring it on, too... just like you.

I just try to take deep breaths & remind myself that it's anxiety. Not something else. It's hard to convince myself sometimes, but I just try. Most times, I can ride it out.

I hope you are feeling better!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2005, 01:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User

Hi there. I know that when I feel that way there are some things I do that can help. Maybe they may work for you.

Take a bath
Watch a funny show/movie
Count the pennies in your change jar
Paint a room
Rearrange your bedroom
Call your mom or a caring friend
Organize your closet
Alphabetize your CDs

I know some of these may sound silly, but sometimes distraction helps..espicially if you can feel a sense of accomplishment when you are finished.

I know what you are going thru. And I hopeyou feel better soon!!

Heather

Old 08-26-2005, 06:10 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Marirose HB User

Hi Guys - Thanks for the responses....I don't know what came over me yesterday - I just couldn't seem to shake the tension, but I woke up feeling alot better today. It really helps to be able to talk here...the only people who really understand are others who feel this way...Thanks again, your replies really helped. Hope you both are feeling well,Marirose

Closed Thread