It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2005, 12:02 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User
Please help..

Here is my story..perhaps someone can shed some light or offer words of wisdom...

About 2 years ago I was at home relaxing. I had been having PVCs (didnt know what they were at the time - called them flutters) for weeks prior. For years I was told that my high heart rate and other symptoms were panic attacks. So anyway, I was sitting there and all of a sudden my HR shoots up to about 150. I drove myself to the ER when ativan did not help. My HR was sustained at no lower than 140 for over 4 hours. I had 2 EKGs which were normal. At one point my BP dropped to about 50/30 and I almost passed out. The FINALLY gave me propranolol and my HR went back to normal. That night I wore a holter monitor, and the next day had an echo. Lots of blood tests. After all this the cardio said I had SVT and probably have had it for years as it is often confused with anxiety/panic. Once the dose was adjusted (I take 120mg propranolol a day), my life changed for the better, I got pregnant, and the anxiety and high HR basically went away.

Well, about 3-4 months after having the baby the PVCs got worse. Maybe 10 a day on average. I started taking fish oil and a calcium/magnesium supplement. They got better and was only getting them maybe twice a day. But the past few days I have felt them more..back to about 10-15 a day. My HR is low - about 60. And sometimes when I feel my pulse it seems to beat normal..and then 3 faster or harder beats..and normal again. But I dont know if this is just in my head. Regardless of what cardio said, I know I have signifcant anxiety. I do take klonopin for this and see a counsler. I call my Drs and they basically say I am fine. But when I talked to the EP office yesterday she wasnt even looking at my chart.

Do you think I need more tests? Or do I need to finally just come to terms with this and chill? If so, HOW?? Can anyone offere any advice here??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2005, 12:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User
Re: Please help..

My anxiety got a lot worse after my son was born. It's a lot of pressure having a new baby to take care of. Give yourself a break. It's also possible that all of your hormone fluctuations have caused you to have a setback. I don't know what SVT is, but it does sound like you also have anxiety. The beta-blockers and klonopin ought to help you. Birth control pills also help some women with hormonal ups and downs. Good luck, and congratulations on the birth of your baby!

-SRMom

Old 08-25-2005, 12:23 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

zosolizard HB User

Hi, I'm new here & was just reading your post. I also suffer from PAC's & PVC's. I've had all of the tests you mention (plus stress echo)... and I'm told the same thing, not to worry.

So I am feeling a lot of what you are feeling, I'm worried that something is wrong!

I have read a lot about hormones & how fluctuation can cause occurance/increase of PAC's & PVC's. Considering you have recently given birth, I wonder if that could be the reason for the change you are experiencing???

Just wanted to share my thoughts with you. My personal opinion is, if I don't feel right, I go to the doctor.

Old 08-25-2005, 12:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User

Just wanted to clarify that baby is 11 months old. Not sure if that makes much of a difference.

Thank you much for your replies. Its nice to have people to share these things with. My family/husband do not understand even a little.

Thanks again!!

Old 08-25-2005, 12:39 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

So you've had eleven months of a new baby and he or she is probably starting to walk or at least get around more and thus making you hyper alert all the time. That's pretty stressful. Regardless of the age of your child, all women have hormonal fluctuations around menstruation and for some it can cause some of the problems you describe. Maybe you could get some bloodwork done and check your hormone levels? Sorry your family can't relate, but we can. Best wishes.

Closed Thread