It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2005, 05:37 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

quoting HB User
how Lexapro makes you feel

Does lexapro make you feel any different when you take it? Is it like a painkiller and makes you feel (good) or you cant feel anything except for the aniexty changes. I just started taking it today.

Old 08-26-2005, 07:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
Re: how Lexapro makes you feel

I started taking it 3 days ago so im the same boat as you it hasnt kicked in yet and prob wont for at least a few weeks.I did notice a bit of dizziness a while after taking the first dose,but that is gone now.I would say it will work like other anti depressants I have taken paxil and zoloft in the past and basicaly what they did for me was decreased the anxiety qwite a bit I didnt worry as often or have many attacks .For some it takes all the anxiety away.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2005, 09:02 AM   #3

sha79 HB User

I have been taking Lexapro since July 7th and it has really helped my anxiety a lot. I am totally relaxed in situations that I would have otherwise been very nervous. I attended a 4 hour conference the other day and I was completely at ease. Before Lexapro I would have been a complete basketcase: blushing and sweating. I have taken numerous anti-depressants and this is the only one that has helped me.

Last edited by sha79; 08-26-2005 at 09:03 AM.

Old 08-26-2005, 10:59 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

quoting HB User

Today was the first time I took it and I was good mostly all day at school. I go to college and with all the people in the classes I trip out sometimes thinking somethings going to happein while I am in here, but today I was fine.
Hopefully it will continue to work.

Old 08-26-2005, 11:18 AM   #5
(female)

awm38 HB User

I have been off and on Lexapro for about a year. It is not a pain killer, but it does help my anxiety alot! You have to give it about 4 weeks to totally get the benefits from it, but its the only one that ever helped me at all. Hope you all have good results from it.

Old 08-26-2005, 11:25 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

americandancer HB User

It doesn't "feel" like a painkiller, and is not as immediate as a benzo, but it does help anxiety and gives a calm feeling. For me, it's like it blocks the feelings I would normally get when having a panic attack. If I find myself in a situation that would normally provoke an attack, I realize after the situation is over that I made it through okay. Don't know if that makes sense or not....

Old 08-27-2005, 07:01 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bell99 HB User

Americandancer summed up what I was going to say! It's almost as though it won't allow that thought process go hay wire. Another thing I noticed (I started in April) I have not cried once since I started it. I use to be driving in my car and just cry for no apparent reason. My daughter just started KG and I was so scared I would have a melt down but I handled it SO much better than when my son started 5 years ago.
I have two friends who don't know I even take Lexapro tell me in the last month I sound and seem calm! One day I was with a friend and had car trouble. Normally this would send me in a huge state of panic. My friend was the one having a melt down and asked how I was able to stay so together!
My husband is real glad I am on it. He too notices a big change.
It has been a real God Send for me.

Old 08-27-2005, 11:08 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

quoting HB User

Does it make you feel relaxed every time you take it or over time does your body becomes immune to it? It made me feel very relaxed yesterday. I have took just about all the painkillers you can think of and it made me feel sort of like that.

Last edited by quoting; 08-28-2005 at 07:32 AM.

Old 11-09-2005, 07:53 PM   #9
Veteran
(male)

bkm4673 HB User

its nothing like a painkiller..............

Old 11-09-2005, 09:01 PM   #10
(female)

giiiii21 HB User

Did lexapro make you guys gain weight? You recon it will help with Obsessive Compulsive disorder??

Old 11-10-2005, 04:47 AM   #11
(male)

bderozi HB User

Whats the Difference between LEXAPRO and ZOLOFT???

I know they are similar, but what is the difference? There has to be something?

Thanks

-B

Closed Thread