It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2005, 08:12 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User
Brain wiring...causes of anxiety and such? Your opinions please

What I beleive to be the connection between my SVT, PVCs and Anxiety is this: I really think that there is something in my brain, such as a neurotransmitter or some kind of receptor (obviously I know little about this stuff) that is super sensitive to pain, stimuli, and chemicals. I feel that the anxiety, SVT, and PVCs are all possibly linked to this one problem. I think that I am very sensitive to adrenaline. I think that was a big reason for the anxiety and SVT. For so many years I have simply been physically sensitive. I can feel things that people normally cannot feel or notice. I swear, if my BP drops by one point, I feel it. Temperature raises, I feel it. So since I feel these things so clearly, I react in kind of a panic way. I think this may also be why childbirth was such a horrendous experience and the epidurals did not work. I wonder how many other ppl with this type of history feels the same way. Is this possible? Am I just a nut? I actually talked about this with my psychiatrist - who is also a neurologist - and he really feels this is a strong possibility. He said he even has a hard time diagnosing me as a clear cut case of anxiety disorder..he thinks there is more to it. He even sent his intake notes to my primary doc and cardiologist because he feels this is very complex and may have physcial components. I am curious if other ppl have these same feelings/sensitivities.

Its almost like I am TOO in tuned to everything, especially my body. But it goes to another level at times too. For example..the day before Septemeber 11th I was feeling so terrible. This was way out of the blue and hadnt had anxiety or anything in years. I was laying on the floor int eh bathroom crying and throwing up. I had no idea why. I called the Dr and made an appt for the following day, thinking I was possibly pregnant. On my way there the first plane hit the WTC. After this happened I didnt feel sick anymore. It was simply lifted. I felt saddness and fear as everyone else did. But that weird sick, crying thing was gone. I sometimes wonder if my body sensed that something terrible was about to happen. Weird eh? Perhaps I truly am a loon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2005, 08:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Graciecat HB UserGraciecat HB User
Re: Brain wiring...causes of anxiety and such? Your opinions please

Well if you're a loon then so am I.

I no longer have panic or anxiety problems, but since I was a very little girl I've "known" things.
I don't by any means claim to have ESP or any kind of supernatural power, but like I said I've always somehow "known" when something bad was going to happen.

When I was 6 years old the phone rang and I told my Mother that it was my Aunt and she was going to say that my Uncle had died...my Uncle was never sick a day in his life...but somehow I knew that's what that phone call was about.
Sure enough, my Uncle had gone to the store and had an accident on the way home and he was in the Hospital...he passed away two days later.
There's no way I could have known that, but for some strange reason I did.

When my Mother hung up the phone she just looked at me and said "Well you were almost right, how did you know?"
I told her I just did, but I told her that he was going to go to Heaven, she told me not to say things like that.
When he did pass away, she looked at me and said "Where did you come from, and can you PLEASE tell me what the winning lotto numbers are?"

I've told very few people that I get these "Feelings", because like you said I don't want them to think I'm a loon.

It took my years, but I finally asked my Doctor about my "Feelings" and I asked him if he thought it could somehow be linked to the way my brain is wired, therefore having something to do with the fact that I've suffered off and on with panic/anxiety problems since I was a little girl.
He told me he really didn't know for sure, but that he could tell me that he had several patients with panic/anxiety problems and two of them had told him the very same thing I had, that sometimes they just "knew" things.

I've always been fasinated by what he told me and have always wanted to look into in further....but somehow just never found the time.

Didn't mean to write a book, but I didn't want you to think you were alone.

Old 08-26-2005, 09:20 AM   #3
(female)

tgrose HB User
Re: Brain wiring...causes of anxiety and such? Your opinions please

This is a very interesting post and one I had not considered. However, I am just like you guys. I never thought of my sensitivity as a possible relation to the anxiety but that makes perfect sense. It's something like sensing that a storm is coming when I get a bad sinus headache. It never fails. When a huge thunderstorm is coming, the barometer drops quickly and I get a huge sinus h-ache. I always know when one is coming. Likewise, I can just "feel" tension in a room. It's like you sense changes in temperature, mood, etc. You know when something is going to happen. And I do notice body changes like that. I know when my blood pressure or sugar drops, I know when BP is a little bit higher, etc. Super-sensitivity to one's body and the world around us might be a good reason we are so sensitive to anxious stuff. Caffeine affects me differently than other people too. So do meds.

Something to think about

Closed Thread