It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2005, 08:32 AM   #1
(male)

mletters HB User
Is this possible ?...

Hi,

I am a regular poster on Healthboards but just have one question.

I have been suffering with a whole host of symptoms over the last couple of years. Only tests that have come back as positive is 'Caloric' vestibular function test (loss of function on one side), and mild Carpal Tunnel.

Every day, I go through episodes (especially at work) with the strangest of symptoms. I am near OK at home, but when Im at work, talking to someone or thinking about something I have the strangest dizziness (no vertigo). My vision seems to go strange (as though my brain is having difficulty processing too much information - this gets worse in crowded places especially supermarkets and mall's etc).

When it is at it's worst, say if I'm talking to someone and I'm nervous all of a sudden I get this strange rush throughout my body then I go all panicky and seem to loose track of what I was saying. I just feel the need to get away.

I realise that Anxiety plays a part in this, but it is MORE than that. I know the type of butterflies feeling in stomach and slight nervous feeling you get before interviews etc., but this is though my nervous system (Central or Peripheral ???) seems to be constantly on alert for 'Fight or Flight'. When I'm at my worst, this makes me conciously avoid people because of these feelings. I am trying my hardest to stay with it (and 99.9 % of the time I do stick with it and am fine - but boy, do I suffer!).

I have other mild symptoms such as Tinnitus, stomach aches, sore neck/shoulders, daily headaches, panic attacks, baf short term memory loss etc.

I don't know what to put this down to, but does anyone know if there is any way a doctor or hospital could measure hormones or imbalances over a 24 hr period? I have already had a morning cortisol (<550n/mol), Short Synathen test (spelling?), ACTH test etc. and they came back fine with no follow up.

I just cant go on feeling like this and avoiding and worrying about everyone/everything for the rest of my life.

Thanks for listening!

P.S I also want to add that I've tried all AD's known to man. I had bad reactions to them all except 10mg Amytriptaline which is used as a sedative to help me sleep at night. (I don't have any problems sleeping, but have horrible dreams/nightmares every single night!).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2005, 08:44 AM   #2
Veteran

Comptons HB User
Re: Is this possible ?...

I hate to tell you this - but my dizziness (especially in crouds) is JUST LIKE YOURS. And - I'm 99.9% sure mine is anxiety. I can go long periods of time with no dizziness. Then out of nowhere I can be dizzy like you described for weeks/months at a time. It's a very strange sensation and mine occurs even while sitting down. I usually take off my glasses and rub my eyes trying to focus. I just want to run away - and sometimes I do!! You said you've tried everything - does that include xanax?

Old 08-31-2005, 02:05 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

thomas3000 HB User

Have you been checked for parasitic infections? Maybe yeast, mold, fungus, bacteria. Docs look for a pathology, not underlying causes.. That's why you have no clear diagnosis. Anxiety is a cop-out diagnosis or medical dumpster if you will..Look into the digestive system...I know someone personally who had the same type of symptoms, and a parasite was found in his brain. Yuck! Anyway , he's 100 percent better now..

Last edited by thomas3000; 08-31-2005 at 02:07 PM.

Old 08-31-2005, 03:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mletters
My vision seems to go strange (as though my brain is having difficulty processing too much information
This is exactly what I think I feel when I'm driving and I can't seem to keep track of all the cars and pedestrians, and everything is moving too fast for me to process. You have described what I call "pre-panic", the sense of derealization or depersonalization that often accompanies panic attacks. It happens to me almost always in the car while I'm driving, but has happened in the mall, at a concert, ball game, grocery store, etc. I have also felt a lot of physical problems over the years that have all been checked and they say I'm fine. Sometimes I wish there was something wrong, so I could feel like I'm not mentally ill. I cope very well taking Xanax when needed though. I sure hope someone can find a physical cause and cure for us.

Old 09-05-2005, 07:06 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

thomas3000 HB User

Lots of times these symptoms are caused by underlying infections. Parasites/bacteria/worms/ etc... There are some good labs that check for these. There is a correlation between these infections and mental symptoms. I would do some research on this. If docs say you're fine and have symptoms, you're obviously not fine. I learned the hard way, I found I was gluten intolerant and had parasites. Do you feel foggy all the time?, if so, that's a true sign of infection...

Old 09-05-2005, 06:53 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

Hi thomas 3000:

Thanks for your response. No, I don't feel foggy all the time, but often. I attribute it to perimenopause and anxiety, but who knows? You might be right. My doctor says if I had an infection, I'd be running a fever.

Old 09-06-2005, 03:26 PM   #7
(male)

mletters HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas3000
Lots of times these symptoms are caused by underlying infections. Parasites/bacteria/worms/ etc... There are some good labs that check for these. There is a correlation between these infections and mental symptoms. I would do some research on this. If docs say you're fine and have symptoms, you're obviously not fine. I learned the hard way, I found I was gluten intolerant and had parasites. Do you feel foggy all the time?, if so, that's a true sign of infection...

Hi Thomas3000,

I am VERY interested in getting tested for this. How do I go about it? Who can test for this?

I am based in the Uk, but am willing to travel anywhere (USA etc) to be thoroughly tested.

Any info GREATELY appreaciated.

Kind Regards,

Mike.

P.S I have a strong feeling about this, because my very first symptom years ago was intestinal pain on one side. Docs said no infection and just give short course of antibiotics.

Old 09-06-2005, 04:09 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

thomas3000 HB User

Well, from experience your doc is incorrect. Docs normally assume that infections are only present when fever persists. That's not true at all. You can have parasitic, fungal, yeast, bacterial infections with no fever. You might have an initial fever and then the fever will go away, but the infection is still active. Conventional medicine is way behind in this aspect. I'm starting to think we're living in the dark ages. I met a lady with chronic fatigue, anxiety, depression etc...lots of symptoms you have Mike!!and she had giardiasis.. Giardia is a parasite that coats the intestinal tract and causes many symptoms including mental/emotional/neurological/abdominal..Do you grind your teeth? Are u losing hair? night sweats? weird cravings? foggy headed? depressed? these are signs of parasitic infection in the body. There are labs here in the US that can actually do consultations over the phone and send you test kits. I can't tell you the name of the lab, but Dr. William Timmins specializes in this type of medicine. God bless!!

Closed Thread