It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2005, 11:16 AM   #1
(female)

Lore HB User
Has anyone been on Wellbutrin???

How well does Wellbutrin work for anxiety?? I've been suffering with anxiety attacks just about everyday in the morning or night times only.

Old 08-26-2005, 11:31 AM   #2
(female)

awm38 HB User
Re: Has anyone been on Wellbutrin???

I took it for about a week and couldnt tell that it helped me, it has a tendency to make you more hyper i think. Not sure its the best A/D for anxiety. Lexapro has worked well for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2005, 12:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

this med is 1 of many antidepressants and may help with anxiety however theres been some doubt about it being used for panic or anxiety attacks as it can cause siezures occasionally which may be confiused with a panic attack, this, I think is the main objection

type
wellbutrin and panic attacks
into google

Old 08-26-2005, 12:48 PM   #4
(female)

Lore HB User

Thank you for replying, I know that one of the side effects is seizures and I'm very afraid to get one which I hope I dont while I'm on Wellbutrin.

Old 08-26-2005, 01:02 PM   #5
(female)

wiggles67 HB User

I took it for anxiety and could only take the increased anxiety for 3 days..drove me crazy. Taking Lexapro now with much better results

Old 08-26-2005, 02:02 PM   #6

jedoz HB User

Yes, Was not a good drug of choice for me. I tried using it to quit smoking. I had previously been on Effexor and had awful side effects with that as well. The Wellbutrin literally made me think I was having a stroke. (not that I've ever had one) I was laying down one afternoon and all of a sudden felt this strange scarey feeling in my head almost like something exploded... On the other hand my mother was on it for a while and had no problems. Everyone is different so please keep that in mind.
J

Old 08-27-2005, 04:07 AM   #7
(female)

Amby HB User

It increased my anxiety as well... Did not give me seizures, are you prone to them? I believe that if you have an eating disorder or history of seizures it's much more likely that you would have them, otherwise, it's not something to be too overly concerened about - but of course, ask your doctor.

It made me very anxious and didn't help my depression AT ALL. So, off of it I went.

Good luck!!

Old 09-14-2005, 12:43 PM   #8
(male)

edz61 HB User

Wellbutrine is for depression and will not do much with anxiety. I have tried them all and none really do much except causing side affects. Beta Blockers work pretty good along with occasional use of Ativan and Xanax. Do not take Xanax or Ativan all the time, as you will become addicted to them. Excercise, eat well and sleep well and take Ativan or Xanax when you have to. Beta Blockers are pretty harmless. They will not let your heart race as hard when you get an attack so you feel more on control. Let me know if you have any questions {REMOVED}

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-14-2005 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Posting e-mail addresses violates the posting rules. Thanks, Ms_Mod

Closed Thread