It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2005, 01:34 PM   #1
(female)

cmsaint HB User
Question Which is better Celexa or Zoloft?

Share your opinions or exp.?

Old 08-26-2005, 07:33 PM   #2

ShawnaS HB User
Re: Which is better Celexa or Zoloft?

Celexa and Zoloft are in the same class of drugs that boost serotinin levels in the brain, I tried Zoloft but did not notice much of a positive change in myself, but that does not mean that you won't. Everyone is different, sometimes people have to go through 3 or 4 types of meds to find what works for them, with the least amount of side effects. Everyone varies in the amount of time it takes to notice if the medicine is going to work, and the appropriate dosage.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2005, 04:11 AM   #3
(female)

Amby HB User

For me personally, Zoloft had a greater affect of lifting my mood but also made me not be able to really feel... anything.... it more like made it impossible to cry rather than not so depressed.... it did such a bad depersonalization job on me, as did Cylexa, that I could not stand myself. I didn't take either drug for that long of a time, maybe 6 months max but tried both several different times in my life, for one reason is that my mother did so well on Zoloft - it was her savior. But for me, no, I was just way too numb on it and felt out of my body, and almost dead. Did it work for the depression? Yes but also couldn't make me feel ANYTHING.

It's right, drugs affect us all differently and it can take many drugs and combos of drugs to figure out what is right for you. I gave up several times, it just got too frustrating and I thought no drug would help me. I hope that I can get up enough courage to post a thread about myself now because it amazes me that I am finally on a drug that WORKS w/out side effects AND is making me feel like me -- 100% me, just much much more calm and happier. (Cymbalta)

Last edited by Amby; 08-27-2005 at 04:12 AM.

Old 08-27-2005, 04:46 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

netle HB User

The problem with questions like this is that there is no sure answer. We all respond to medication differently so it's not really an issue of which medication works better but which medication works better for you.

Closed Thread