It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2005, 01:49 PM   #1
(female)

cmsaint HB User
New here with anxiety.

Hello my name is Christina, Im 29 and have BAD anxiety that was daignosed in 2000 with GAD but Ive had it my whole life I believe . I can tell you that I suffer from Hypocondria and constantly feel like Im going to die . Every pain is a serious illness and Im scared to take pills, SO my anxiety isnt getting any better . I have 4 children so I NEED to get rid of the anxiety but I have a mental block that if I take meds I will feel worse . Ive been on Xanax, Paxil, and Celexa. I took the Xanax and Paxil together for a week and felt SO sick and believe it was from the Paxil so I was taken off both and put on Celexa which helped a bit. I took it for 6 months then stopped because I developed blurred vision. So I havent taken anything for 5 years! I can tell you after I give birth it gets 10 times worse for some reason . I get blood work alot which shows nothing, Im fine. I feel horrible though. I have GERD and IBS . I just had my 4th baby 6 weeks ago and Ive been a basketcase since! Ive had several panic attacks out of the blue and constant anxiety symptoms.

Can anyone relate?

Here are my symptoms I have on a daily basis:

Lightheaded 24/7
Feel bug eyed
Chest pains
Headaches
Lump in throat
Upset stomach
Doom 24/7

Gerd symptoms 24/7, constant burping, chest discomfort, sore throat, and ear pain .

ALSO Ive been getting freaked out over a new symptom. It feels like head rushes, is this anxiety?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2005, 03:26 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User
Re: New here with anxiety.

Hello. Sorry your feeling so poorly. I have all those symptoms with a few more tacked on. Anxiety can cause so many physichal symptoms. It's unbelievable.

My anxiety started right after the birth of my first child. Constant anxiety attacks. I took Paxil at the time and it made me feel better.

If you can go it alone with no meds that's wonderful but if you can't take the suffering there might be a med out there that is right for you and can make you feel better. Therapy can help also.

These boards have helped me so much to know that I am not alone in this. I feel particulary anxious today for some reason but I just keep telling myself tommorow will be a brighter day.

Welcome to the board.

Old 08-26-2005, 04:56 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

hello cmsaint

I have had all your symptoms and tons more.I am going through a hard time myself right now.Anyway,just wanted to welcome you to the board,the people here have been very helpful for me.

by the way congrats on your baby! I have 5 youngest is 8 months

Beth

Old 09-14-2005, 12:57 PM   #4
(male)

edz61 HB User

You sound like as if you are my twin. I have been dealing with anxiety for 3 years and I have tried it all and I am now 99% better. I always felt the impending doom feeling, feeling that I will die any minute now. Trust me you are not going to die. This is your head playing these tricks on you.

I stopped taking the meds last year. Now I try to get plenty of sleep and eat good food, exercise and meditate. I still take on occasional basis Ativan or Xanax, 2-3 times a week and thats it. I took Beta Blockers and they helped alot as well.

You need to keep reminding yourself you are fine these symptoms add up to nothing but your mind playing tricks on you. Dare to confront your anxiety and say here come take me do what you want and nothing will happen.

There one fear for all of us and that is death. But anxiety will and can not kill you. Death will come some day but it will be another beginning for all of us. Death is the opposite of birth and not life. You are 29 and have many good years before you. You can kick this thing away with the power of your mind. Read the book "The Power of Your Subconcious mind". YOU WILL BE FINE, I PROMISE YOU THAT> {REMOVED}

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-14-2005 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Please read and follow the posting rules, no off board contact information of any kind. Thanks, Ms_Mod

Old 09-14-2005, 02:24 PM   #5
(female)

jakoky HB User

Hi there, i am actually on my way to the doctor today...i know i have mild anxiety, but no one would ever know. I am a constant worrier. I have also been dealing with lightheaded/fogginess for over 5 years. Like u, i have been having head rushes, i compare them to being in a car,going down a hill and losing my stomach, except i get that feeling in my head....is that the same as you are saying!!! Anyways, i hate it...i do believe i have fluid on my ears right now, which is making things so much worse, so hopefully i will get something to drain them...anyways, just wanted to check if this new thing is the same as mine, because it is thel most bizarre thing ever...
sharon

Closed Thread