It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2005, 02:55 PM   #1
(male)

lilnervous HB User
Smile just wanted to add my 2 cents

just wanted to say hello for one hope all is well i just wanted to write to let you all know how im doing and maybe will lift some spirits i know this disorder is a long upward battle and can quickly become a hopeless battle..well i suffered for i suppose 4-5 monthes now i had my first attack while driving but soon triggered other fears couldnt leave the house, ride in cars, couldnt talk to people and all of the normal anxiety problems. well since i started reading post my anxiety has slowly let up a bit i leave home i dont care if i drop dead my only problem is driving i cant seem to beat this since your brain associates by that i mean since i had a panic attack driving now the " ol " noodle thinks im going to panic when i drive real problem but i force myself to drive and can feel the death grip on the steering wheel let up a bit..lol..i dont take any meds what so ever just deal with it and im a huge sissy..lol..just keep a positive atitude and relax ( easy huh..lol ) life will go on and always has a funny way of working itself out even if we cant beat all of are anxiety maybe we can live with alittle bit of it..well im done rambling

ps i am the worlds worst speller never claimed to be a grammer teacher!

Old 08-26-2005, 05:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
Re: just wanted to add my 2 cents

hey im glad you are doing better!You should be proud of yourself facing the anxiety.thanks for sharing it all with us too.I hope you continue to get better and better.

take care... Beth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2005, 07:20 PM   #3

ShawnaS HB User
Re: just wanted to add my 2 cents

I think it's great that you have faced your fears, I know it's hard sometimes- but having a positive attitude and having the ability to laugh at yourself helps a heck of a lot. One of my anxieties is talking on the phone, I challenged myself to make all the phone calls that I needed to at work in 1 day. I started making the calls one right after the other and now, I am pretty much "de-sensitized" it makes my job a whole lot easier. I still have moments of hesitation, but it has gotten much better.

Closed Thread