It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2005, 09:27 AM   #1
(male)

Rkoa63 HB User
It's amazing

Hello all, after about a year of suffering from anxiety i finally had an anxiety free day where i didnt think about it at all. I spent about 12 hours with my friend working on my car and after we were done i was sitting in the garage with him i suddenly realized, "wow i havent had an attack nor thought about it ALL day". It really is amazing when you can "just forget about it" like so many non-sufferers tell you to do(like its something that can easily be done). I've tried since then to put it out of my head but it seems like trying to forget about it make you concentrate on it even more. Well anyways I just transfered to a new university and classes start on monday so im sure the anxiety will be ready to strike back but I will be ready for it, Xanax in hand. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Old 08-27-2005, 09:51 AM   #2
(female)

mishkaaa HB User
Re: It's amazing

glad to hear about your anxiety-free day!

just hoping my day will come soon for one!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2005, 10:54 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Punkdizzle HB User

now i dont want to say anything to get your hopes up.. so take this with a grain of salt... but being that you now know you can have an anxiety free day it should be alot easer for you to deal with when it trys to knock you down again.. i dont know why but something about getting that break always pushes me closer to feeling less and less anxiety day 2 day.. something to think about..

Old 08-27-2005, 11:24 AM   #4
(male)

Rkoa63 HB User

THanks for the replys. In response to Punkdizzle- my anxiety has definitly gotten better. I tend to have fewer and fewer attacks now but they do decide to surface every so often. I've changed my diet, i drink ALOT of water, i exercise at night and do yoga in the morning, and i must say that it really does help. What kinds of things have helped you conquer this silent beast?

Old 08-27-2005, 11:51 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Punkdizzle HB User

well i have far from conquered it but it is no where near as bad as it was the first time around... what helps me is just trying to keep my mind off of it.. going out even if i dont want to or feel good enough to go or hanging out with a friend.. because once i am out and in a situation where i have to think about something else the anxiety takes a back seat on the punkdizzle thought train. ....

on the days where i am really anxious and i just cant get my mind off of it no matter what i do ill take a xanax and it gives me a chance to get my thoughts together and sort them out..

diet and drinking tons of water worked great for me also.. i use to be a 4-6 cup a day coffee drinker and i would always have a pepsi at my side when not drinking coffee.. so my caffeine intake was pretty high.. which as we all know lots of caffeine + anxiety = a really bad day.. once i stopped drinking anything with caffeine in it my anxiety level went way down... not over night but with in a month or so and i was just having attacks off and on rather then every day full of anxiety..

i do still have big ones now and then but because i have so many days with little to no anxiety its not as distressing to deal with a big one now and then.. but id rather not deal with them at all..

Old 08-27-2005, 12:47 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

Hi rkoa
there are many self help books and courses for panic disorder and anxiety, all have useful advice

xanax is a big help for many of us, works fastest if disolved under the tongue

Old 08-28-2005, 09:50 AM   #7
(male)

Rkoa63 HB User

I have yet to take a Xanax even though i've had the perscription for it for over 2 months. I'm always nervous about taking new meds(go figure an anxiety sufferer nervous about something), but just the thought of having them with me makes me feel better. Hry33, could you recommend a book that worked well for you ?

Closed Thread