It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2005, 09:32 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB User
pregnancy and anxiety

Hi, I am 7 weeks pregnant and have anxiety, I had to get off lexapro and everything else I used to take to ensure a healthy baby but I am suffering with anxiety and bad thoughts that come with it, it has also kicked my ibs in full swing with it. anyone with advice would be greatly appreciated.
carly

Old 08-27-2005, 10:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User
Re: pregnancy and anxiety

I have anxiety and SVT. I was put on a beta blocker right before I got pregnant and stayed on it thru out the pregnancy. All of my Drs (OB, Pdoc, and Cardio) felt it was best to stay on it..the benefits out weighed the risks. The beta blocker is mainly for the SVT, but does help somewhat for anxiety. After about 8 weeks I felt great!! I was anxious at first, because I was just really nervous about being preggo and all. But after those first 2 months or so I felt great..no anxiety at all really. I dont even know if it was the med..I kinda think the pregnancy hormones made the anxeity decrease. Give it a couple weeks and if you feel you are still very anxious, talk to your Dr about a possible medication. Mommy needs to feel good for baby to feel good. And there are safe drugs out there. Take care!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2005, 11:50 AM   #3
(female)

cmsaint HB User

I just had my 4th baby 6 weeks ago and was told I could take Zoloft which is completely safe in pregnancy . Im having bad anxiety now that Im in my post partum period and Im going to start celexa today. I suffer from GAD

Old 08-27-2005, 12:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

to worrywort
many women now stay on their antidepressant during pregnancy and studies show no harm to mother or baby, IBS and GERD can often be caused by anxiety
sounds like your doc is old fashioned, assuming the lexapro was helping, maybe find a doc who thinks its OK during pregnancy, many now do

sometimes just being pregnant stops all anxiety, keep this in mind

Old 08-27-2005, 02:30 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB User

thank you all! I know there are safe meds and my psych mentioned that, I felt that the lex stopped working on me, My obgyn sain I could take meds as long as I stopped in the 3rd trimester. I would like to try zoloft, that is one of the many meds I have never tried. I feel stressed and when I am stressed my ibs comes to play although that could be preg hormones, I know preg can make it worse. I feel depressed and CHEERS you are right I need to feel good. I will give it a little bit and see what happens, if I don't feel better IO will make an apt and get back on meds.
thanks again, it is just rough right now! take care my friends
carly

Closed Thread