It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2005, 06:39 PM   #1
(female)

broadway_baby13 HB User
Question New here/Anxiety??

Hello everyone! I am new here to this board, but not to the problems. I am 14 and a half years old about to turn 15 in a few weeks. So, the problem is, I get constant stomach pains and aches. And generally, it just dosen't feel right, you know? I have been to a doctor, and they took an x-ray, but they haven't said anything yet. I also have a psychologist, and she said that it is anxiety. But, it dosen't feel like it. In the past, I have also gotten headaches for about a week, and a pain in my side. I worry about this so much, it isn't even funny. It makes it 10 times worse. Does anyone know if this is all anxiety? I have just started high school, and I was practically grieving on the last day of middle school, which was when my problems started. Do any of you experience this? Sorry if this didn't make sense, I just couldn't really put it into words. Thanks!

Also, I am wondering if some of this is related to "the cylce" coming.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2005, 12:31 PM   #2
(female)

broadway_baby13 HB User
Re: New here/Anxiety??

Does anyone want to help a young girl?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2005, 02:21 PM   #3
(male)

Rkoa63 HB User

Anxiety can cause alot of stomach problems. I've had stomach problems my whole life due to anxiety; stomach aches, indegestion, naseau, i will get headaches too which are usually caused my tension in my head, neck and shoulders. My friends all make fun of me because they say i have the stomach of a 70 y/o man(im only 22). As far as all of this being related to the "cycle" i cant answer that becaused im of the wrong gender but im sure some females here will chime in. Best of luck to you!

Old 08-28-2005, 02:50 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

Hi broadway
the teenage years arent always easy, yes stomach problems are often caused by anxiety, sometimes a meal of coarse breakfast cerial helps by giving the tummy something to work on, other foods that take a long time to digest, such as baked beans can help too
look up GERD and heartburn on a search engine and see if you have these

I hope the psychologist is teaching you new ways of calming and relaxing yourself

if you can get someone to massage you this will help to relax you, gentle exercise and long walks also are relaxing

Old 08-28-2005, 04:05 PM   #5
(female)

broadway_baby13 HB User

Is it good not to eat anything? Because sometimes I don't because I am too scared.

Old 08-28-2005, 04:44 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

I think you should always have three meals a day, not too big, but definitely eating at proper intervals will help keep you on more of an even keel. Drink lots of water and don't have caffeine. You might have extra stomach acid and in that case there are plenty of medicines you can buy at the drug store to help you (i.e. Zantac). Your cycle could also be adding to your anxiety...I think my anxiety is definitely worse right before and during my period. It's normal to feel anxious when you go off to high school for the first time too. I hope you feel better soon.

Old 08-28-2005, 06:14 PM   #7
(male)

UKMale22 HB User

Anxiety can make you feel like you cant eat or you will be sick.When you feel like this try having soup or some fruit.In my case the longest i went feeling like i couldnt eat was 1 week.My opinion is you have anxiety and nothing more.All the best.

Closed Thread