It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2005, 08:31 PM   #1
(male)

kingam HB User
Not Sure How Long I Can Take This.....

Hey guys. ive had anxiety for over 3 years now. at times its completely tolerable, however in the past couple weeks its been the worst its been. im not currently on medication, im doing CBT, but im thinking about taking something...

tonight i went on a 90 minute trip to meet this girl i was hooked up with through someone. i felt so alone being away from home that far. on the highway i was hyperventilating, and once there i felt so disconnected from my "comfort zone" i was having mini-panic attacks the whole time.

on the way home i just started crying. i dont know how im supposed to live like this. its hell. i cant just do normal things people do anymore without some issue. im always thinking about it.

what do i do? are you guys like this? i just obsess on symptoms... like i said for months it doesnt bother me, but i still do it, but im so depressed. its like i dont remember how i was before all this....

help me!

Old 08-27-2005, 10:04 PM   #2
(female)

mishkaaa HB User
Re: Not Sure How Long I Can Take This.....

i can relate to you completely. i've always been a 'worrier', however, lately things have seemed to spark up once again. i cry sometimes too, because i hate living in fear of well .. living like this. just know that you are not alone in this! keep your head up!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2005, 10:20 PM   #3
(female)

tropicalfreeze2 HB User

i feel the same way....i have been experiencing anxiety disorder for over three years now. i think that i will never live life again like i used to, whatever that was, just like you mentioned, how was it before anxiety? but that is our problem: our negative thinking and always worrying about what may happen next instead of just living our lives. that is how it used to be, living in the moment. some how our thinking got screwed up and we need to find inner child that was carefree. well lets all try to take it one day and a time. remeber every night take the opportunity to rest and recover from our thoughts and worries. you are not alone kingam!

Old 08-28-2005, 12:03 PM   #4
(male)

kingam HB User

thanks guy, its good to know im not alone.

i guess you cant remember how you "were" because we always took it for granted, never thought about it. it was life we were living. now everything little thing is scrutinized and pulled apart... i was sitting in the restaurant with this girl and freaking out... like every little thing... would i choke on my food (which made me carefully swallow every bite)... would i have panic attack 90 minutes from home and be sent to a hospital for precautions? its just everything... all at once... everything my dr. told me wouldnt work... slow breathing... positive self-talk... the only thing that helped me was to get up and walk around, but how many times can i do that without seeming like im walking around like a mental patient... or even worse that i had to take bathroom breaks to go do coke or something haha... i dont know... its just all so ridiculous.

Old 08-29-2005, 09:23 AM   #5
(female)

shysoul HB User

i know exactly how you feel. i worry about everything. and i don't know how much longer i can take it either i cry everyday and just wish it would all go away.

Old 08-29-2005, 10:58 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User

kingam - what you said about getting up and walking around kind of struck a cord with me. I have coping mechanisms that help me deal with panicky situations, but the problem is I can't do them without people thinking I am weird, rude, or whatever else. This of course causes more anxiety cause I feel "stuck." The best thing for me to do when I am in a panicky situation is to get away from people as quickly as possible and be by myself for a few minutes. In a social situation this isn't convenient, especially if it is a one on one situation.

Closed Thread