It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2005, 12:10 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User
Books that help your anxiety

Thought this may be interesting...

What is the last book you have read that has helped your anxiety. Whether it is a self help book, a novel that just distracts you, an autobiography..whatever..just a book that seemed to help you in some way with your anxiety.

For me right now it is The Afterlife Experiment. My anxiety issues stem from my death issues. This book has made me feel much better about the concept of death.

Aside from that The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook is pretty much my bible. I take it whenever I leave town. I have read it over and over. It is so very very helpful.

You??

Old 08-28-2005, 12:58 PM   #2
(male)

Rkoa63 HB User
Re: Books that help your anxiety

I have read The Hypochondriacs Guide to Life and Death which made light of my whole health related anxiety. It didnt really "cure" my anxiety but it made me realize just how silly i've been. And i just finished reading Your Bodies Many Cries for Water. The author basiclly thinks that alot of health issues stem from being dehydrated including Anxiety. So i've increased my water intake to what the author recommends and i will have to say the anxiety has gotten a little better, im not sure if its primarily because of the water or if its a combo of diet, exercise, yoga, etc. that i have been doing. Look forward to hearing from the rest of you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2005, 01:56 PM   #3
(female)

bocana HB User
Re: Books that help your anxiety

I just read Dr. Shipko's book Surviving Panic Disorder and found it really interesting. He has some interesting views on the actual reason why some are more prone to panic; mostly a bile flow problem that causes many symptoms of GERD. He also does not believe panic disorder is a defiency of serotonin. I'd recommend it, especially for anyone that is not getting better with other treatments.

The other book I'm reading is Breathe Well Be Well by Robert Fried. Really good breathing exercises and a detailed explanation what happens in hyperventilation.

Closed Thread