It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2005, 06:41 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

SayMoo HB User
Social Anxiety -please help.

I have what you'd call social anxiety..it doesnt always happen but it happens and i cant control it. Im just so extremely shy and anxious when im around people i dont know that well..i only answer questions..sometimes i find it hard to make eye contact..i dont know how to break away from this..i havent always been like this tho..i use to be a very social out going person..and im also not like this around just anyone only certain people..i dont wanna see a psychologist because i think i can beat this on my own, i just dont know how..
Ive improved a lot with things i use to be scared doing like approaching people..i still get nervous when i have to do public speaking at school but, i dont get as anxious as i use to..and ive learnt not to shut down conversations...before i use to just shut down a convo that someone would try and start with me by answering shortly and looking away..but now i concentrate on not doing that...its not good enough tho..because its still affecting me.

Old 08-28-2005, 07:29 PM   #2
(female)

giggled2004 HB User
Re: Social Anxiety -please help.

I really hope you get better I have Anxiety too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2005, 09:19 AM   #3
(female)

shysoul HB User

wow how did you do all that?

i have severe social anxiety and i do the same thing. and i have got a little better but not really. i do the same exact thing you said you used to. and its SOOO hard not to do it.

Old 08-31-2005, 07:24 AM   #4
(female)

jen52683 HB User

Hi Shysoul.

I have the same problem as you. I used to be really outgoing and now I get unbelievably nervous doing the simplest tasks, like calling someone or having a normal conversation. I don't know what to do either.

Old 09-01-2005, 02:26 AM   #5
(female)

momy5 HB User

I am the same way. It's only certain people though. I've gotten so bad before I've had to walk away from a certain person because if not I probably would have passed out right in front of him. I felt like an idiot afterward because he had no idea why I walked away and I really didn't want him to know but I had to go and sit down before I fell down. How do you change that? I get so nervous around certain people that the anxiety comes on and I can't control it. It's very embarrassing but what do you do?

Closed Thread