It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2005, 11:41 PM   #1
(male)

BoredIndyGuy HB User
Help: Is this GAD? and if not what is it?

Took me along time to get the nerve to ask about my problem.. this is pretty embarresing. I know i'm the only fool to have this problem.

Here goes:

I have a problem which appears to be pretty serious. It may be related to GAD but I'm not sure.

This is really embarresing please bear with me-

First off, I did have some anxiety problems when I was in HS, but I overcame them... I'm actually quite an outgoing person, and in most social situations I'm very comfortable. I feel VERY confident about myself.

However, one particular social situation makes me uncomfortable... The class room. I've been homeschooled all my life, and was a bit uncomfortable going to class my first time a year ago. I got really sweaty all over.. And it seemed to get much worse. I don't know if it's related, but it felt like my {REMOVED} was beginning to BURN and feel like it was on fire in these situations. (this next part is real emberrasing) I'd even begin to smell as well- I'd shower, get out and smell, and I didn't even know why. I'd feel very gassy. So bad, that I'd avoid leaving the house not because I was afraid but simply because I wasn't healthy enough. (who ever had the problem of thier {REMOVED} acting up?? {REMOVED}?)

I know these social situations have to cause it though. When I'm away from school, these problems disappear. I went to boot camp and training and the problems disapeared. When I came back to school, i wasn't really scared this fall. I didn't have anything to be afraid of.. However the symptons came back. I know these have to be related to me going to class. My {REMOVED} feels like it's on fire... This all in the last week... just starting school. I'm not really that nervous but. Eh I'm so frustrated. This is incredibly emberrasing.

I have no clue what my problem is... but i need to figure it out. I'm in hell right now.

I {REMOVED} shower and don't even feel clean.

Please please, just give me a break. As much as you want to laugh, how are you going to laugh when it's not my choice? It's not my fault, I can't control how my body reacts the way it does.

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-29-2005 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Do not used censored words. Thanks, Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2005, 10:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User
Re: Help: Is this GAD? and if not what is it?

ok, well since most of the main words have been deleted, can you again summarize your situation with safe words? I can't decipher what exactly the problem is.

Old 08-29-2005, 03:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User
Re: Help: Is this GAD? and if not what is it?

Ditto, love to try to help, but you need to use words that won't be censored.

Closed Thread