It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2005, 12:54 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User
MRI Results

I have all these symptoms. I have talked to Dr and had an MRI. Well, the RN just called and said "the results of your MRI are normal".

No explainations..nothing. Just normal.

Am I glad? Of course. Is part of me frustrated?? Hell yeah! I want to know what is wrong with me!! Why am I so freakin exhausted after 8 hours of sleep? Why do I get pains all over my body for no reason? Why do headaches wake me at night (not often, but once in a great while)? Why am I constantly anxious?

No follow up. Nothing. Just "normal". Then why the hell do I not FEEL normal??

Sorry. Just frusterated

Old 08-29-2005, 01:28 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

zosolizard HB User
Re: MRI Results

If I had a nickel for each time I had a voice mail message that said "your results are normal".... ha, I'd have one less thing to worry about (money!)

I personally end up calling my doctor & ask for more details.

I ask - what were you looking for, and what does "normal" really mean?? I usually feel better after talking to the doctor & getting details.

It's funny if you think about it. So many people in this world WANT to hear "your results are normal". I mean - so do we, but at the same time, I almost wish they'd find SOMETHING wrong with me so that I could get a diagnosis, and a treatment, and be done with it all.

But I guess that's why were are all here. We suffer from anxiety.

I'm glad your results were normal !!! Try to be happy about that

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2005, 01:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zosolizard
If I had a nickel for each time I had a voice mail message that said "your results are normal".... ha, I'd have one less thing to worry about (money!)

I personally end up calling my doctor & ask for more details.

I ask - what were you looking for, and what does "normal" really mean?? I usually feel better after talking to the doctor & getting details.

It's funny if you think about it. So many people in this world WANT to hear "your results are normal". I mean - so do we, but at the same time, I almost wish they'd find SOMETHING wrong with me so that I could get a diagnosis, and a treatment, and be done with it all.

But I guess that's why were are all here. We suffer from anxiety.

I'm glad your results were normal !!! Try to be happy about that
Thank you! And I am happy they didnt find anythign terrible. Thank God!!! My Dr is out of the office until Sept 6th so I guess any call is going to have to wait. Thanks again!! Its nice to have ppl who can relate!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-29-2005, 01:39 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

zosolizard HB User

Funny, that exact thing happened to me after I had my stress test for my heart. I got a voice mail from the RN saying "Normal". I called back to ask questions, and the cardiologist was on vacation for 2 weeks.

We just have to remember - if they did find something, anything at all... the doctor would be calling us BEFORE going away.

I'm really glad I found this board. It's a miracle to find you guys!!

Old 08-29-2005, 01:40 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User

Cheers - I had to respond to your post because your symptoms sound a lot like mine, - headaches, sometimes bad enough to wake me, always fatigued no matter how much sleep I get, and constant anxiety, making me feel nauseous. I am lazy though and I only go to my doc when things get very very bad. I haven't had many tests, had some blood tests a while back that were "normal."

Anyway, these symptoms you and I share...I have been reading a lot about sleep apnea, and how you can have it even if you don't snore. It is very disruptive to your sleep, so even though you got 8 hours, you may have awoken several times during the night without knowing it, causing fatigue, headaches and anxiety. Only thing that sucks is to gt tested is a pretty big ordeal sounds like. And since I am too lazy to even go to the dr....

Old 08-29-2005, 09:02 PM   #6
(female)

mishkaaa HB User

glad to hear your results are normal, but i totally understand your frustration.
i'm dealing with the same stuff you are, and i'm getting an mri done tomorrow. so i'll definitely let you know how that goes.

Closed Thread