It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2005, 01:47 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

zosolizard HB User
"Adrenaline Rushes?" I think I'm having these

I notice a feeling in my chest area sometimes that almost feels like a "rush"... it kind of reminds me of the feeling you get when you almost get in a car accident, or when someone scares you.

Or almost like that feeling you get, when you get up too fast (from lying down)?

I've checked my BP when I get these sensations & it hasn't changed.

Is this adrenaline (from anxiety & panic) ???

Old 08-29-2005, 02:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User
Re: "Adrenaline Rushes?" I think I'm having these

I believe it is. I used to get them ALL the time. It is my belief that there is some part of my brain that is SUPER sensitive to chemicals such as adrenaline. I hated that feeling. Especially when I would get them as I was falling asleep. I would jolt awake. It sucked. The med I am on - beta blocker - has pretty much stopped them..that is how I am so sure that is what it was. Beta blockers block adrenaline.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2005, 02:04 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

zosolizard HB User

That is what the doctors want me to take for my heart palpitations. I'm just paranoid of taking them (worried it will stop my heart or something)..... the info that comes with them scares me to death!!

I guess you are living proof that it's okay to take them. Along with about 4 people that I know personally who are taking them.

I'm just afraid, as always. Thanks for the info, I do appreciate it.

Old 08-29-2005, 02:15 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User

I have been told that the med I am on (propranolol or Inderal) is a VERY safe and benign drug. It does cause drowsiness..can lower BP..but it wont make your heart stop unless you take the whole bottle!! I suspect I will take this my whole life and have been told it is absolutly fine to do so.

Old 08-30-2005, 04:33 AM   #5
(female)

heath1 HB User

Hi there. When I saw your post I had to reply! Ive had some problems with my thyroid lately, and although treated now, it seems to have left me with significant anxiety/panicky feelings(which are getting better, thankfully). Anyhow, Ive had these same kind of feelings. And Ive found it really hard to describe them. I think they are the same anyhow. It usually starts in my chest area, sometimes like a head rush follows, I guess its kind of like the sensation of a hot flush but without the heat?! Does that sound similar? I can understand your description like the feeling you get when you nearly crash the car/get a fright/or like you get up to quick, but the feeling just comes out of nowhere.
It scares me, makes me want to jump up and that something is really wrong!
Sorry for rambling, but just to let you know I think I know what you mean, and I think it is adrenaline causing it.

Old 08-30-2005, 06:28 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

zosolizard HB User

Thanks so much heath, I appreciate it. This feeling is very new to me & I had no idea what it was!

Closed Thread