It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2005, 06:44 AM   #1
(female)

anxietysucks HB User
Long Life v. Short Life Benzos? What Benefits Do You Get?

I've been taking Xanax for 2 1/2 years, the .5 dose 3x a day. I find that sometimes I need more than 3x. Therefore, obviously I sometimes run short before I'm due again for a refill. I don't understand the differences between the ones like Xanax that knock the attack out within minutes v. the other benzos that they say have a longer life span in your system. Seems like if I have days where I have to take more Xanax to stop frequent attacks, my doctor would want me to switch to something that would stay in my system longer. Does that make sense? The way I understand it, your body builds of defenses against the Xanax so that it is flushed out more quickly. Well, if you have attacks lets says 3 - 5 times a day (that is what I average), wouldn't you want something that would stay in your system a little longer? I hope this made sense.

Old 08-30-2005, 07:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User
Re: Long Life v. Short Life Benzos? What Benefits Do You Get?

Well, I have taken ativan for years off and on. I always have it at my disposal. Before this past 2 weeks I would take it MAYBE once a week..and only .25mg. The past coupld weeks I have been taking it everyday. I recently started klonopin .25mg at night. Klonopin is suppose to have a longer half life. But weird thing is my anxiety has been worse..yet when I feel badly and take an ativan I feel much better. I wonder if the klonopin needs to be a higher dose or I should stop taking it all together. I dont know why that would cause more anxiety if other benzos do not, know what I mean?? Thank God I have an appt tonight with my shrink so I have MANY questions to ask him.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2005, 02:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

americandancer HB User
Re: Long Life v. Short Life Benzos? What Benefits Do You Get?

There's xanax xr....it lasts all day compared to regular xanax.

Closed Thread