It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2005, 07:41 AM   #1
(male)

junior26 HB User
Derealization, spaced-out 24/7 for 15 months!!! Help!

Hey guys,

I have a question about derealisation. Is this a chronic symptom? You see, I have had what seems to be derealization for 15 months now and I've realized quite a long time ago that it won't be going away on its own. It came on suddenly, but it has never left, not even for a second.

It's a spaced-out feeling, like I can't focus correctly. It's like as if I've been drunk for 15 months straight! Florescent lights and department stores make me completely dizzy, almost to the point of passing out. I'm really tired if feeling this way.

I feel like I'm the only person on this board that feels this way 24/7 without a second of rest. Most people I have talked to have these symptoms on and off, but I've been feeling this way every minute of every day for 15 months!

What's going on with me???

Old 08-30-2005, 11:33 AM   #2
(male)

SirReal HB User
Re: Derealization, spaced-out 24/7 for 15 months!!! Help!

You are absolutely not the only person on these boards that this has or is happening to. There was a period for about 3 yrs where I felt like this every day. And even though I feel much better now, I still have those feelings frequently. I have taken Lexapro and it has helped out quite a bit. But moreover, I have learned to ignore and not fear these feelings as much. Just the other day, I had a slight dizzy spell (the kind you are referring to). It happened in the mall. Rather than obsess about it like I used to, I just let it happen and continued to tell myself that I was OK. I've had tests done, and nothing is wrong with me. I'm not sure if these symptoms ever go away, or we just learn how to ignore them. Either way, this is a very common experience for us, and you are by means the only one.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2005, 11:39 AM   #3

LonelyTraveler HB User

I can't post a lot right now because I'm in "panic mode" but I could have written your post myself. Your symptoms are VERY common and lot's of people like us have the same symptoms you just described on a daily basis. Hang in theier freind!!.

Old 08-31-2005, 09:12 AM   #4
(male)

junior26 HB User

But again, I have the impression like you guys are describing what seem to be "spells". I don't have spells. It turned on 15 months ago and never turned off. Also, I don't let it get to me. I live with it and it doesn't scare me anymore. I'm used to the feeling. It's just really really annoying.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow (for my high blood pressure). I'll really emphasize the dizziness problem this time.

Thanks guys!

Old 08-31-2005, 10:11 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

Are you on any medications now? Maybe if you take a beta-blocker it will help stabilize your HBP and help with the feeling of derealization. When we have "spells" it's usually an increase in anxiety that eventually goes down, but in your case, maybe it has to do with your blood pressure. It could be labyrinthitis too (inner ear problem). I guess you could just be in a constant state of high anxiety. It's great you have a doctor's appt. so soon. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

-SRMom

Old 08-31-2005, 11:24 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

hi I felt like you are for the entire first year of having anxiety disorder non stop .It felt like I was drunk 24/7 the unreality ,dizziness,ligthheadedness,tunnel vision amoung other things.
Although it could very possibly be anxiety,I think you are doing the right thing by keeping in touch with your doctor about it.

good luck

Old 09-08-2005, 08:05 AM   #7
(male)

junior26 HB User

Hey SRMom. Actually my blood pressure is somewhat under control now. I use diuretics. My heart rate is already at 58, so a beta-blocker would have slowed my heart down to a crawl. Hee hee. I've had HBP since I was a kid and it has never caused symptoms.

Doctors have been telling me for a year that it's just anxiety. But now, my doc isn't quite convinced. She is sending me to an ENT to have my ears checked out.

And I'm definitely not in a constant state of high anxiety. Actually, I would say that I'm always in a state of perfect calmness. However, when I do get anxious, the symptoms get worse. So it could still be related.

Anything helps, so thanks for your reply!

Old 09-08-2005, 08:16 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

ktopaz1972 HB User

I KNOW just how u feel, Im reeling right now, its like Im really quiet on the outside but SCREAMING ON THE INSIDE.. IM SO FOCUSED ON WHATS WRONG WITH ME RIGHT NOW I cannot even think straight, Im having alot of troublwe breathing.. i feel like my face is swollen is that something anyone else ever suffers from? I was just wondering... All I do is cry all the time and i hate when i get like this... IM SO SCARED I WILL NEVER GET OVER THIS RECENT PANIC ATTACK

Closed Thread