It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2005, 11:23 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User
What is UP with me???? AAARRRRGGGG

I was actually feeling really good this morning. No anxiety really at all. I took baby for a walk around the neighborhood. Not very long, maybe 15 mins. And not fast or anything. Got back and started feeling an ache/pain in my right chest and back. My HR seemed normal. I took a rolaids and laid down trying to relax. Did my self talk responses to the bad thoughts (pulmonary embolis, heart attack, may die, baby will be left alone)....responded with maybe a pulled muscle, maybe tension, maybe gas...but it was hard to believe my responses. I took a bath (baby in high chair in bathroom) hoping that would make the pain go away. It was a really bad pain, just like an ache, like someone hit me in the back or something. Bath didnt really help so I gave baby a bottle and put her in her crib even tho naptime isnt for another hour. I am sure she wont go to sleep. Just to give me a few mins to get a grip. I took an ativan and I am not freaking out..but the pain is still there, so I am thinking it isnt tension. WTH?? I really thought things were getting better. What if something REALLY is wrong with me??

Old 08-31-2005, 11:29 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User
Re: What is UP with me???? AAARRRRGGGG

Cheers I am right here with you. My panic is out of control today. Between making doctors appts. and knowing I have to get yet another MRI tommorow I am freaking out. I can't stop shaking or crying. I am getting ready to goto my dads house and visit for awhile. My security blanket (husband) just left for work and I don't want to be here. I even find myself having a hard time taking care of the kids.

I hope you can relax soon. Take care..debill

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2005, 02:30 PM   #3
(female)

ajas HB User

Hi
Cheers, have you thought it may be indigestion, I used to get pains in back and chest, anxiety heightens all pain or one tends to focus on it more, Just sit and breathe slowely, relax , relax, play with baby anything to take your mind of it , get a fizzy drink and try to burp...I doubt you are old enough to just clutch your heart and keel over and die at home !
Debill, I have been reading some of your posts, I too had a hospital visit years & years ago.. the safeness there was great, but I knew if I diidnt get out i would rely on the hospital forever, but the first week or so at home I was terrified to be alone.... get affirmatives happening in your head, you probably know the drill by now, and dont rush to your dads, take it nice and slow and try to live minute by minute slowely, taking in nice things. Does this make sense?
Sue

Old 08-31-2005, 02:54 PM   #4
(male)

smc612 HB User

same problem since saturday. pain in chest and in back right behind it. have acid reflux. also lifted a case of water and pulled my shoulder. could be that. have had a really bad sore throat thought it might be bronchitis. really feels like a pulled muscle.

Old 08-31-2005, 02:59 PM   #5
(female)

ajas HB User

angel
I used to get acid reflux, sore throat all the time, ulcer on tongue from acid burning, and indigestion, tried the pills didnt work, have been drinking a gulp of apple cider vinegar every morning , have not had indigestion since the vinegar in the morning. about a year now.... Its bliss , no pain eat what you like.
Sue

Old 09-01-2005, 03:04 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

lindsalou HB User
Smile Re: What is UP with me???? AAARRRRGGGG

I to get that pain that goes right through to the back (feels like heart attack) but i do suffer with indigestion. Then more anxious i feel the worse it gets, i also have a baby i try to occupy myself with her when this pain comes but sometimes feel quite dibilitated with it. Sometimes a couple of antacids help. Maybe worth trying. Good luck.

Closed Thread