It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2005, 04:28 PM   #1
(male)

dahlstrom34 HB User
Anxiety w/ Joint or Muscle issues?

I am beleived to have PTSD (first episode happened 1 month after 9/11 & I deployed to Germany 1 week before the onset of the first anxiety attack) and have issues upon issues since the initial occurance. But I have one symptom that I can't find anywhere relating to Anxiety.

Since the Anxiety onset, I started to get stiff joints (always popping) and constant shooting pains throughout all of my muscles.

Does this sound like this could stem from Anxiety? Because to tell you the truth, the muscle and joint issues started coming on as soon as I stepped down from Paxil after 3 years of constant use. I get really sore even after mild exercise, such as hitting balls at the golf range now. I'm only 30 and with the timeline that I have drawn, stepping off the Paxil seemed to coinside with the onset of these symptoms.

FYI... After the initial Anxiety attack after 9/11, I have since been diagnosed with Gastritis on top of this issue.

Any thoughts are extremely welcome!!!

Old 08-31-2005, 10:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User
Re: Anxiety w/ Joint or Muscle issues?

Hi dahlstrom 34,

I was diagnosed with gastritis, ulcers and other stomach problems, first. Then came the anxiety. And then came arthritis (or fibromyalgia). I do know that the stomach problems and anxiety are closely related. They feed off of each other. I do not know about the arthritis?! I am on meds, for all three illnesses. I take Lexapro for my anxiety.

Have you been to a rheumatologist yet? They diagnose muscle and bone stiffness, aches and pains.

Good Luck to you. Wannabe

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread