It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2005, 07:50 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User
Anyone get anxiety from movies?

I am a HUGE movie buff..seriously, huge. I never once was ever scared by a movie. Nothing every bothered me before my anxiety..not even violence. But gradually thru the past few years, I have to be careful what I watch, where, and when. I prefer for watch serious drama type and suspence movies at home where I can pause it and finish later if need be. Comedy I am ok at the theatre. But how many worthwhile comedies ARE there, y aknow?? There is a movie coming out soon that I REALLY want to see in the theatre, Flightplan with Jodie Foster. But it looks very suspensful and dramatic. The trailer brought tears to my eyes!! I really want to get to a place in my well being that I can go see this and any movie I want in a theatre. Ya know?? Can anyone relate???

Old 09-01-2005, 07:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Punkdizzle HB User
Re: Anyone get anxiety from movies?

yeah movies like that make me anxious also.. I dont like theaters at all never have, to uncomfortable and i always have to use the bathroom and miss something so i just wait for the movie to come out on DVD.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2005, 08:44 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

yes i get anxiety from certian movies at certian times.I never used to either until several years ago and it comes and goes.I do not like the theatre for one it makes me feel closed in and I just prefer to be in my living room watching movies.I havent been to a theatre in many years.
I hope you can make it there for that movie though and not have anxiety
Jodie Foster is a great actor by the way

Old 09-01-2005, 08:50 AM   #4
(female)

anxietysucks HB User

I get anxiety from some movies too. I also get it when there is something on the news that is just soooo horrific like when the beheadings where happening, and also when some sicko has done something to a child and the news people go into details about the crime. I end up short of breath.

Old 09-01-2005, 09:02 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User

Yea, its not JUST movies for me either. I stopped watching ER years ago. And I cannot watch shows like CSI and stuff. Dont watch the news anymore really and am careful about what Datelines I watch. I did watch all the Law and Orders, but they just got old. The only medial show I can watch is House..but I have to watch it during the day (thank God for DVR!!).

Old 09-04-2005, 06:14 PM   #6
(female)

qwerty1970 HB User

I kind of feel anxiety like you do about movies but for a different reason. Some comedies tend to just make me so uncomfortable because the character might be doing stuff so stupid that I actually feel mortified and embarrassed for them. Adam Sandler movies are an example. So weird. I mean, I can watch gore and everything, yet someone making a complete jerk out of themselves just makes me SO uncomfortable...

Old 09-10-2005, 09:00 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

junglemonkey HB User

I get anxious during movies all the time, same goes for watching tv.

But that's because I'm afraid someone will vomit on screen. *sigh*

Old 09-10-2005, 07:17 PM   #8
(female)

MrsPM HB User

I can't watch horror movies at all. I saw the Exorcist when it was re-released and had an anxiety attack in the theater. If I watch certain mysteries or dramas I turn it off if I start to get panicky.
But I love comedies. They are like medicine for my anxiety

Closed Thread