It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2005, 11:26 AM   #1
Inactive

kasmpow HB User
Coffee and Anxiety

Ok I keep on doing this to myself I drank coffee today and have been feeling weird and shaky all day, I know I can't drink it anymore but If I'm having a good day feeling good I think to myself I can have one cup well that one cup has messed me up all day today I keep drinking alot of water to flush it out. I wish this would just wear off already. Does anyone do what I do with coffee the problem is I love coffee and miss it but I should face the facts I just can't drink it anymore.

Old 09-01-2005, 11:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Punkdizzle HB User
Re: Coffee and Anxiety

yup yup i love my coffee! well i use to anyway.. i can get away with a cup now and then... but now more times then not, anything with lots of caffeine & sugar in it makes me jittery... i feel your pain i miss my morning coffee..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2005, 12:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User

I quit coffee (caffiene) a few years ago. I miss it sometimes..but decaf is just as good..just doenst help keep you awake! I have accepted long ago that I will never be able to have ANYthing that helps keep me awake or gives me energy!! I do still eat chocolate, but try to keep it in check. But all my beverages are now Decaf.

Once in a while I will have a Starbucks Decaf Mint Chip Frappachino...it is SOOO good, youll never miss the caffiene!!

Old 09-01-2005, 02:17 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

caffiene effects anxiety sufferers, its bad for some and actualkly helps others

if its bad for a person then theres always decaf

Old 09-01-2005, 05:38 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User

Coffee is a BIG no no for me anymore. I really do miss it. I switched to decaf and decaf tea. I really like decaf chai tea. It's best to but it at a book store. It's so much yummier when someone else makes it for you.

My whole family sits around drinking coffee. Makes me jealous. I did have a half cup regular mixed with a half cup decaf the other day but I still got a little shakey.

debill

Old 09-01-2005, 06:27 PM   #6
(male)

Vitagen HB User

90% of the time, I only drink pure water. In that 5% left, I enjoy a very very tasty soda only on rare occasions at a restaurant. I also drink coffee maybe 1-3 times every month (some months not at all). I've even tried redbull, which gave me a positive jolt of wanting to get many things done before the day ends. The only problem was, my blood felt a little strange from time to time...very itchy too.
I believe water serves me better off. I started the whole 90% thing around 3 years ago, so now, months go by without but maybe a single headache, if not at all.

I admit I've had alcohol 2 times, and it was nasty. My chest felt ice cold.

Last edited by Vitagen; 09-01-2005 at 06:32 PM.

Old 09-02-2005, 03:10 PM   #7
(male)

pjcat HB User

Yeah coffee used to affect me. I would get very derealized, lightheaded, and be like "panic time". Yet at the same time I would still get alot of positive effects. Finally I just said you know what "F it - I know the stuff is going to give me anxiety...but I still want to drink coffee on occasion so I'll just put up with it"....after that I didn't have a problem with it.

You have to control your anxiety...dont let it control you

Cheers

Old 09-04-2005, 06:54 PM   #8
(female)

Alyna25 HB User

I drink two redbull every morning. Around the time of my period I cannot tollerate any caffinee because it can make me snap like a twig. I wish I'd never started the stuff but I hate the taste of coffee and soda just doesn't cut it. I work full time and have a baby and sit at a desk all day so I thought I need something to keep me awake. I wish they made caffinee free redbull, I crave the taste! But somedays it helps lift my mood and other days it makes me agitated!

Closed Thread