It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2005, 06:59 PM   #1
(female)

Tiggerredz HB User
Xanax not working anymore

Hi everyone,

I have ben doing alright for awhile now, still needing to take .5 of xanax everyday or every other day. Hadn't had a panic attack in almost two months until Saturday. Friday I had a few drinks and Sunday my anxiety was awful and I felt a full big daddy panic attack coming on later in the evening so I took .5 of Xanax...Well this has been persisting all week and the .5 of Xanax seems to no longer touch it. I have also taken two.5 ad still nothing, I just have to go to bed. I am always tired now and just feeling terrible. Of course now wondering if this is something else, looking for every new ache and pain. Does anyone have any suggestions of what is going on and why now when I have been doing so well recently?

Old 09-01-2005, 07:59 PM   #2
(female)

ajas HB User
Re: Xanax not working anymore

HI
Sometimes we all have little set-backs , everything just going along fine and then "wham "and you think you are back to square one and start getting anxious thinking that you have not made any improvement.
Perhaps you are generally just a bit run down, I quite often have days that I am just lethargic, and have learnt not to take it as if something is seriously wrong.
The panic after the drinking session, well, that just goes hand in hand, it happens to most of us, even those who dont have anxiety, alcohol is actually a depressant , I have great nights out drinking, then the next day its awful, but it passes.
I would suggest just relax ( as much as you can) and take it easy on yourself
Hope you feel better soon.
Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2005, 07:02 AM   #3
(female)

Tiggerredz HB User

Thank you ajas for the encouragement. I was recently diagnosed with a blood clot and it took two years of ankle swelling to find and I think that is botheringme a bit. Everyone has a story were a friend has died in theor sleep from pulomanry ebolism or something like that and perhaps that is what is effecting my set back. Thanks again!

Old 09-04-2005, 07:02 PM   #4

whitebear HB User

You can also build up a tolerance to the benzo's. Try switching to Klonopin. Its longer acting and less addictive.

Closed Thread