It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2005, 07:58 PM   #1
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User
Exclamation I thought I was over the anxiety until all this stuff in the news.

Is anyone else having problems with whats going on? Our gas is running out with no more in sight for a while. How will my kids go to school? I won't have gas to drive them? Busses here only have eight days left before their supply is gone. I am scared for my kids. Can anyone ease my mind to help me through this. I am scared to sleep tonight of the dreams I might have. I am really scared and I am so afraid of having a panick attack because I am the only one with my kids and I do not want to install fear in them like I have. I don't know where this world is headed now. I have never lived through any crises in this world. Charlie was bad but NOTHING like New Orleans. Those people are freaking out so bad. I have anger towards them, sorrow for them, all sorts of emotions and I don't know to be scared for them or us. I could keep typing but I hope you get my point. Are we going to turn on ourselves? Will we start killing our own? Do I have to worry that the gas I put in my car to keep my children in school will be sucked out while we sleep? IS crime going to start happening like crazy? I am really scared you guys. Help.

Old 09-01-2005, 08:47 PM   #2
(female)

ajas HB User
Re: I thought I was over the anxiety until all this stuff in the news.

Hi Soulcatcher,
Thoughts from all over the world are going out to you and your country, I am in new zealand and we are astounded at the devastation that has occurred.
can you remember back to the televised war,Kuwait? well the one where we sat up at night , missiles were flying and I remember sitting night after night freaking, and thinking , what are we going to do if this gets worse, I lived in australia then with husband and 2 small children, I thought am I the only one who is scared, I conjured up concentration camps, oh you name, it I thought it.
Remember september 11, I doubt there was a person in the world who thought the world would survive that, the tusnami on Boxing day in Indonesia, what I am trying to say is that its all awful, truly awful, but somehow the world got together and we helped and we will help again.Its in our Human nature to survive and overcome and become better for it.
I think the only advise I can give is to live day by day , minute by minute if you need to, and not worry about what tomorrow will bring. Its not the worst thing if the kids dont go to school for awhile, bet they arent worried about that! And if you had no petrol ( gas ) then neighbours will lend a hand, you may be surprised at how a disaster can bring people together.
Biggest best wishes to you
Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2005, 09:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User

Yes, i have been sitting here with tears streaming down my face for two days reading about misplaced animals, lack of gas, people missing their kids, thousands trampled in Iraq, etc etc. It seems like bad things always happen in threes, so hopefully this will be IT for a while. Not only do I have constant anxiety and nervousness, now I have depression too - I feel like I could burst out crying at any minute. Kind of like PMS 24/7.

I have GOT to stay away from the internet and the boob tube for a while or I will have a nervous breakdown.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:00 PM   #4
(female)

ajas HB User

My doctor does not watch any television that will show horror pictures....she never watched sept 11, said it was a picture that she didnt need her brain to be assaulted by. I think she has something going on there, as we keep subjecting ourselves to horror daily. Front page of our newspaper today, New Orleans, bhagdad, and a murder, ..... its like if you keep playing sad songs over and over ya get sad, but if you put on something "UP" you feel up. This is the most hideous song.. but if you play katrina and the waves," I'm walking on sunshine" ( I know its bad taste ) it makes you feel happy..... just my thoughts.
have a safe weekend everyone, crank up the stereo and play your favorite UP songs.
DANCE LIKE NO-ONE IS WATCHING YOU !!
Sue

Old 09-02-2005, 02:32 AM   #5
(female)

momy5 HB User

I know exactly how your feeling. I've had alot of anxiety over this too but we will survive. I went through Charlie and it was the worst thing that I've ever been through but we survived. At the time we didn't know how we would get through it but we did. It's amazing how people come together at a time like this. I know Katrina was alot worse then Charlie but we will make it through it. It's been a year since Charlie hit and there's still alot of work to be done but it's getting there. My heart goes out to all of those people because I know what it's like to have your whole city destroyed and it's devestating but things will work out. It's going to take alot of time but everything will work out. Please don't worry, enjoy your kids and take one day at a time.

Old 09-02-2005, 05:21 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bell99 HB User

You're not alone! The thought of not being able to protect my children is the worst feeling I know. It was after having kids my anxiety started all the fears and worry!
I had been on meds before 9/11 and had quit two weeks before that happened!
Try not to watch too much of it. I know I get sucked into watching CNN all day too and want to know what is going on.
What is killing me with this disaster is that people are becoming violent and out of control! During 9/11 the people pulled together.
What I REALLY want to know is when the heck is HollyWood stepping up to the plate with money to help? You know the one's that make 5 Million per Movie or the sit com stars that make 125 grand Per Episode. They helped with 9/11 and the Sunami.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:38 AM   #7
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

My house is still destroyed by Charlie well, not destroyed but my roof was totalled which is now repaired and my fence is tore down and my lanai and a few big trees are gone. I have to agree that it is NOTHING compared to New Orleans! They have no way out, I guess that could have been where I live too because there are only two bridges to our town. I think I may move. lol Your right, I need to quit watching tv. I fear the "whats to come" scenerio. IF I didn't have kids I would care less about gas or anything else. But knowing I have three little ones and they depend on me freaks me out. I really hope we can get through this. I have to agree with one person on the news that said "once we started to take God out of our schools and then out of our country, terrible things may start happening" I believe that because some people are not raised with morals that the bible or preachings provide. You just don't turn on your country or your neighbors. It's so frustrating!

Old 09-02-2005, 11:35 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

Kids are very resilient, thank goodness. The important thing to remember is that they watch your response to everything and take their cues from you. Talking to them about what has happened is good, so they know bad things happen, but things get better again. It will give them faith. For your own sake, I'd stay away from the television news and newspaper for awhile. All of us here with anxiety issues take on the worry and burden of all those people we don't even know. This is both a wonderful, loving quality, and a terrible self-destructive one. Sending a donation will make you feel better and also help teach your kids about helping our fellow man through philanthropy. I hope you can enjoy your time with your kids and be thankful that your family is safe. My thoughts are with you as well as all of those poor hurricane victims.

Last edited by SRMom; 09-02-2005 at 11:41 AM.

Closed Thread