It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2005, 07:44 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User
Klonopin vs Generic

I was taking .25mg klonopin wafers each night at bedtime (samples from Dr for 1 month). My Dr increased it to .50mg. They gave me the generic at the pharmacy. I dont know if it is just my nerves or is there is a possibility that they may mafke you feel differently. After taking it (like 15 mins) I felt real nervous, shallow breathing, and tight throat. Has anyone ever noticed a considerable difference between brand and generic drugs or specifically this med?

Thanks.

Old 09-02-2005, 10:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: Klonopin vs Generic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers44
I was taking .25mg klonopin wafers each night at bedtime (samples from Dr for 1 month). My Dr increased it to .50mg. They gave me the generic at the pharmacy. I dont know if it is just my nerves or is there is a possibility that they may mafke you feel differently. After taking it (like 15 mins) I felt real nervous, shallow breathing, and tight throat. Has anyone ever noticed a considerable difference between brand and generic drugs or specifically this med?

Thanks.

The FDA requires that brand and generic drugs be identical. The active ingredients are the same; the only possible difference is the inactive ingredients (dyes, binders, etc). Many times, the generic and the brand drugs are made by the same company.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2005, 02:20 AM   #3
(male)

smc612 HB User

cheers44----i have not had the problem but my mother has. she has taken i low dose xanax everynight for 16 years. a couple of times she has received the generic and not the brand. each time she has not been able to sleep,anxious the next day, nightmares. she has had 2 different generics and the same problems with both. one worse than the other but still problems. has none of these side effects with the brand name. i agree it is other indredients in generics that cause this .

Old 09-03-2005, 05:14 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

hi
I really dont know about a difference but when taking klonopin I always had the generics and they worked good for me none of that weird stuff .

I now take the generic ativan ...lorazepam

if you can get the reg klonopin do that no sense in having to feel that way when it supossed to be helping

Old 09-03-2005, 06:04 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User

Hi there. Thank you so much for your responses!! I did notice that the generic has aspartame in it. But I have had that b4 with no problem. I think I will try it one more night and if ther eis a problem, I will bring them back to the pharmacy. It may have just been nerves tho..who knows. uughhhhh

Closed Thread